- On Saturday, I decided to pick up some of this new gel nail polish I keep hearing about. It was a pricey treat for myself - I would normally never pay more than a few bucks for a bottle of nail polish, but with this Sally Hansen Gel Nail stuff, I paid $9.98 for a bottle of colour, and another $9.98 for the top coat - eeeek! - but I think it just might be worth it. Normally my finger nails start chipping 12-24 hours after I paint them. I painted my nails Saturday evening, and they are just starting to show signs of wear today. I know 4 days isn't that long, and a far cry from the 14 days the advertisement promises, but it's like a record in my books!
- I've been MIA for a few weeks, which means you haven't heard me babble about my love for Jim from The Office in a long time. My gosh, you guys... I love him. And I'm starting to worry. I'm in Season 8 now... only one more season to go after this. I know I've gotten over other fictional TV characters in the past... Michael Scofield, Danny Castellano, Coach Taylor, Harvey Spector, and so on... but I'm just not sure there's any way I can rebound from Jim!!
- Anyone else into Big Brother this summer? It is definitely my favourite guilty pleasure of the summer. I keep thinking one of these years I'll grow out of it, but it hooks me in every year. This year, I'm Team Paulie... Cody's little brother, how could I not love him?!
- This week feels like it's lasting forever. I kept thinking yesterday was Wednesday. I went to a ball game last night, and when I got home, I sat down to watch my PVR'd episode of Big Brother... only to realize it was only Tuesday, and not a BB night. *sigh*
- So, as I said, last night I went to watch the Flyers first playoff game of the post-season. I was sitting in the bleachers between my mom and my friend Brenda, and at one point, I realized I had a little bumblebee crawling on my pant leg. I tried shaking him off, but he was a sticky little frigger. Wouldn't let go. Then he crawled around to the under-side of my leg and I couldn't see him anymore. My mom - clearly not paying attention - told me he was gone, just relax. I was holding my leg up in the air trying to see where he was, and Brenda - clearly embarrassed to be seen with me with my leg stuck up in the air - told me to put my leg down. So I did, and then the little sonofabitch stung my arse. Not once, but twice. I was doing quite the little bleacher dance there for a minute!! My thanks to Brenda for finally getting the bee off my butt and smushing it for me, a risky move for someone who is allergic to bees!
- We have a new kid on the block here at MVT! One of the owners (and my friend) Jared and his wife Holly welcomed a beautiful baby girl into their family while I was on holidays. I couldn't wait to get back to work to meet Baby Grace! In the past week and a half, I've had a few newborn snuggles, and man oh man, does that ever stir up the longing for a baby of my own. She is SO sweet!
- You know what song I'm STILL not sick of? JT's "Can't Stop the Feeling". Seriously, I could listen to it 20 times a day and it wouldn't be enough!!
- I kind of can't believe it's August. July flew by so fast... it's been a really great summer, but I've reached the point when I start to feel torn. Part of me doesn't want the summer fun to end, but the other part of me can't wait for fall and all the things I love about it. I can't wait to make a big pot of soup, snuggle up in blankets, bust out my cozy fall clothing, get into pumpkin spice everything... I LOVE FALL!!
- But there's still some fun to come this summer... not rushing it away just yet!
Happy Wednesday, gang! :)