Thursday, April 14, 2016

Some Thursday Rambling


  • I'm feeling tired and a little on the crusty side today.  I have realized now that I'm back to full work weeks that waking up at 5:35 every morning to exercise really sucks after a few days.  Monday and Tuesday I'm usually pretty gung-ho, Wednesday I'm OK with it, but by Thursday, I'm cranky.  I miss waking up at a slightly later hour on Mondays and Fridays...
  • Also adding to my lacklustre effort this morning is the fact that I have very sore inner thighs.  I added a new Leslie Sansone walking DVD to my collection this week, and this one contains two 30 minute workouts - one is a walking workout, the other a firming workout.  I did the firming one on Tuesday morning, and I didn't find it too hard at all, but all the squats and lunges apparently took a toll.  It hurts to walk, climb stairs, sit, stand, and of course, exercise... ugh.  It really opened my eyes to how far out of shape I have let myself go apparently.  yikes!
  • I think the exercising I'm doing, though less intense than the programs I used to do, would be sufficient, if I could just get my eating habits back under control.  I keep saying this, but I'm all talk, no action.  I swore this week I'd be better behaved, but Monday night I had a big plate of nachos, Tuesday night was dinner at my aunt's and I definitely over-indulged, and last night Mom and I had Chinese to celebrate her birthday... I should be trying to think of something healthy and light for tonight, but I'm craving pancakes.  I'll try again next week I guess... *sigh*
  • Despite my cranky disgruntled mood, it is nice to see a bright sunny day out there, and the good news is that warmer temperatures are finally upon us.  It's going up to +10 today, and should be creeping close to +20 over the weekend.  Woo hoo!
  • The problem with +20 sunny weather, if there is one at all, is that I don't fit in any of my summer clothes anymore.  I have no idea what I'm going to wear this weekend.  I miss my fleece-lined leggings and over-sized sweaters already...
  • Something I am loving about this time of year is the return of Blue Jays baseball.  We're a week into the new season, and I know there's a lot of ball to play over the coming months, but it's exciting to watch Jays games again.  I'm a smidge jealous of my friends Lindsay and Ryan who have been in TO this week and got to catch last night's game live!  I'm hoping I can talk my mom and/or sister's family into getting tickets to a game this summer at some point.  I would love to take a little weekend trip with them and catch a ball game.
  • Lately, I've been mentally spending a lot of time at "my happy place" - my aunt & uncle's camp on the Ottawa  River.  We go for a few days every summer, and it's always so nice to get there and just "switch off" - turn off the cell phone, no electricity, and the only thing to do is just play in the water, sit in the sand, read, relax, and enjoy.  I'm craving that little get-away right now.
  • I'm looking forward to a low-key weekend coming up... my plans include some Netflix bingeing, reading, shopping with my ma on Saturday, dinner at my sister's place on Saturday night, and the usual Sunday routine of church and brunch and resting.  Sounds like the weather might even be nice enough to allow me to read outside, which is one of my favourite things to do. C'moooon weekend...
Hope you're all having a good week!  Have a great Thursday :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Never have I wished for the ability to pee standing up as hard as I do the day after squats and lunges...

Nancy said...

Love Stacie's comment!