Friday, April 29, 2016

'Fessing Up on Friday

Friiiiiiiiiidaayyyy!!!  Oh how I love theeeeeee!!!

Time for some Friday Confessions.  Here we go:

I confess... that I'm a little hyper and giddy this morning and really have no reason to be.  I don't have big weekend plans, I have nothing really to be excited about in this moment... and yet, here I am, hyper and giddy.  Must be Friday.

I confess... somehow between last night and this morning, I did something to tweak my lower back.  Thankfully, doesn't seem to be the kind of lower back pain that used to immobilize me completely (knock on wood).  I did a really light workout very cautiously when I got up, and it's already feeling better as I move around this morning.  I really don't want one of those awful sore backs that I used to get... I haven't had one in years, and I don't want one now!

I confess... that I was sad when I heard of Prince's sudden passing last week.  But I also confess that my knowledge of Prince's song catalog is embarrassingly limited.  "Kiss" and "Purple Rain" are really the only songs of his I knew well.  However, after seeing the video of his surprise performance at the SNL 40 After Party last February, I can now say "Let's Go Crazy" is my one of my absolute faves.  It was such a fun video to watch!


I confess... that it's a shame it takes a legendary singer/musician's passing to inspire me to get an education in their music, but that has happened to me twice now this year - first with Bowie, now with Prince.  I am grateful for "discovering" them, but sad that I didn't do so sooner.

I confess... I'm contemplating a new 'do.  I have a hair appointment coming up next week, and I feel like I might need a change.  But I'm nervous.  I've worked hard to grow my hair longer for the past few years, and I know how long it takes to get it this long (and it's not that frigging long).  If I chop it all off again, I'll be stuck with it for a while.  Oh, decisions, decisions...

I confess... that last night when I was at my friend Sharon's, she, her husband, and I were trying to come up with our "Top 5" - you know... the 5 celebrities you'd be given a "pass" on and be allowed to sleep with if the opportunity presented itself.  And Lord love a duck, it was harder to choose than I thought!!  After making my list wishy-washily, I realized I'd forgotten Jimmy (HOW COULD I FORGET JIMMY?!?!) so I had to start over again.  I even thought more about it as I tried to fall asleep last night, and again this morning, and I think I have my list finalized:  Jimmy Fallon, James Marsden, Adam Levine, Gabriel Macht, and Ryan Reynolds.  (and I did not include Wade Redden, because I don't think he counts as a celebrity anymore, but he remains my Supreme #1.)








I confess... that I'm making a lot of plans in my head these days.  Doing a lot of day-dreaming and wishful thinking... and I don't know if it will ever be thoughts and plans that become reality, but man, it's fun to have those kinds of things going on in my head again.  It's been a long time.

Happy Friday, dudes! :)

No comments: