How about some random Tuesday ramblings on this foggy September 1st morning?
- I woke up first thing this morning, before my alarm even went off, with a smile on my face. I felt instantly happy, and that rarely happens to me first thing in the morning. My first thought was that it was my friend Stacy’s birthday…and Stacy’s birthday means it’s September. My favourite time of year has officially begun. :)
- I know it’s not officially fall for another few weeks, but I’m jumping the gun a bit… as usual. The weather this week is probably going to bring my fall fantasizing to a grinding halt – we’re heading into a week-long heat wave, the weather man says – but that’s OK, too. No harm in summer sticking around for a little while longer. We’ll take the heat while we can.
- Shawville Fair weekend is upon us, and in my mind, it’s always the best way to end the summer. I’m looking forward to wandering around the fairgrounds, checking out the exhibits, the arts and crafts, watching the little ones on the rides, just people-watching in general, and a good snack of fair food. I don’t think I’ll be going up every day, but I’m sure I’ll be taking in at least couple of days/evenings.
- Last Friday evening, I had the pleasure of joining my Relay for Life team, the Slipper Sisters, for a BBQ at friend Sharon’s house, to “de-brief” our success from last year’s Relay (which I missed, unfortunately, but was with them in spirit!) – and to make fundraising plans for the 2016 event. It was a fun evening with lots of laughs, delicious food, cute kids running around, and I even learned a new word: “LARPing”. I try to use it in a sentence now at least once a day. ;)
- This past Saturday, the girls and I had a lot of fun, as we were out on the town for our friend Sue’s bachelorette party. I was reminded of how much I love live comedy! We went to Absolute Comedy for dinner and a show, stopped in at a few other bars nearby, before coming home to relax, have a few drinks, and just sit around for some girl talk. It was a great night, and I’m already dying to go back to Absolute Comedy again some day soon!
- A random act of kindness took me by surprise on Saturday, when Shannon showed up at the bachy with a little gift for me. She knows how much I love Pumpkin Spice everything, and that I don’t get to Starbucks very often, so she picked me up a package of their VIA instant Pumpkin Spice Latte mixes!! I was so excited!! I haven’t had one yet… waiting for more Fall-like weather to hit – but I can’t wait to have one! Thank you so much Shannon!!
- September is full of as many fun things as the previous months have been, and I’m so excited for all of it – we will be celebrating my brother’s 30th tomorrow night, then it’s Fair weekend, a friends dinner out next weekend to celebrate Stacy’s birthday, then it’s Sue & Adam’s wedding, and finally, my long weekend trip to Nova Scotia with Lindsay. No wonder I’m so happy that September is finally here!!
- This is back-to-school week for the kids around here, and that’s the one part about this time of year that I don’t like. Back to school time was always rough for me when I was a student, and it still puts knots in my stomach to think about it. I have to say, though, that it helps to know that most of the little people in my life are excited to go back – or at least they aren’t having meltdowns over it like I used to.
- So, as we all know, I’ve been thinking about my Scary Movie Marathon for way too long already, but now the previews for new scary movies are starting to come out. Normally, not interested in seeing a scary one in theatres (I prefer to watch them at home when I can hide under a blanket!) – but there’s a new M. Night Shylaman one coming out soon called The Visit, and it has me intrigued! I’m a big fan of The Sixth Sense, Signs, and The Village, so maybe – just maybe – I’ll be able to talk someone into coming with me to see this one!
Happy Tuesday friends! and HAPPY SEPTEMBER!!! :)