- I’ve been in a blogging rut lately (in case you couldn’t tell by the lack of posts going on here). Not sure why – I think the Car Rally craziness invaded my brain too much for awhile, and I’ve never really gotten back on track since. I’m going to make more of an effort this week.
- It’s Halloween week! I LOVE Halloween! And I LOVE that it’s falling on a Friday this year! I have my treat bags all set to take to my mom’s on Friday night to greet the trick-or-treaters with her. And I’m already thinking of what I want for my fun Halloween supper. Pizza? Macaroni? Nachos? The possibilities are whirling… Also hoping I can talk Mom into watching a slightly Halloweenie movie with me – nothing too scary, of course, but perhaps Signs or The Village? We’ll see…
- I bought Halloween candy last week to make up my treat bags, and of course, there’s now “leftovers” floating around. The only good news is that I didn’t buy it as early as I did last year, and I didn’t buy as much “extras” as I did last year. So the candy binge shouldn’t be as bad as last year’s.
- I had my Scary Movie Marathon on Saturday, and I watched The Sixth Sense, An American Haunting, and Stir of Echoes. When it was over, I was sufficiently spookified, yet still able to sleep, so I consider that a successful Scary Movie Marathon.
- I still had to leave the hall light on, though. Just in case.
- Despite the excitement for Halloween, my mind is jumping ahead a bit, as I know that by Saturday, it will be time to dive head-first into Christmas decorating. I’ll have exactly one month to prepare for the Christmas House Tour, and there is SO much to do! I have a list made of things that need to be accomplished during that month, and there won’t be any time to spare. I can’t wait!
- I loved that my 2-year-old niece Neve came to our church supper Sunday wearing her “Let It Snow” shirt. My kind of girl!
- I also need to start seriously thinking about Christmas gifts – a Wishlist for myself to email out to my “Secret Santa”, and lists to buy for the family member that I drew, as well as for the kids. I always get a little stressed out over shopping, so I want to be on the ball this year. Sadly, I’m lacking in ideas, so I need to give this some serious thought.
- To dress up on Friday, or not to dress up on Friday? That is the question…
I think that’s all I’ve got for this Random Tuesday, friends! Hope you’re all having a good week :)