It’s been a long time since I’ve done some random rambling…let’s kick off the weekend with a little of that, shall we?
· A few weeks ago, my friend Lindsay gave me a long black maxi dress she was culling from her closet. I loved it. I wore it on Sunday to Britt’s shower, and not only did I receive many compliments on my dress, I felt really good in it. Like, tall and sleek and graceful – three words that don’t often get associated with me. Not only that, it was soooo comfy. Monday evening, I washed it and then accidentally tossed it in the dryer with the rest of my dark load. It shrunk a good three inches in length. And it had been the perfect length before the unfortunate shrinkage. *sigh* And no one to blame but myself…
· Cake. Can’t stop thinking about cake. I keep telling people that damn Costco cream-filled cake is my biggest weakness (and I’ve had random run-ins with it over the past month), but really, any cake at all right now will bring me to my knees. My friend Brenda made the most delicious chocolate cake with thick icing for her son (my Godson)’s birthday dinner on Wednesday night. (I ate it because she didn’t put any calories in, guys. Duh.) I’ve been dreaming of it ever since. drool.
· I’ve told people for a million years that my favourite TV show is Friends, and that I just don’t “get” Seinfeld. But after hearing them talk about how iconic the show was on the radio one day last week, and how it’s still referenced by so many still today (I didn’t recognize most of the references they talked about), I decided it was time to give Seinfeld a fair shot. I asked my brother-in-law if I could borrow his DVDs. I’m well into Season 2 now, and I have to say, I’m finally starting to “get” it. I’ve been really enjoying it, and I’m sure it’s only going to get better.
· I’m still a Friends girl, though. 100%.
· I’d like to send out a big thank you to Iggy Azalea for making me love the radio this summer. I haven’t heard one of her songs/collaborations yet that I didn’t like. I like to think I discovered her, because I saw her perform on Seth Meyers and loved “Fancy” months before I even heard it on the radio. “Problem” is my current jam.
· I’ve got my eye on a new workout program to start in the Fall, and that is Chalene Johnson’s latest, PiYo. I’m not sure it has the intense cardio I’m seeking in a fitness program, but because Chalene is my favourite trainer, and because I luuuuuurve Yoga, I think I HAVE to buy it and give it a whirl. It looks so awesome…
· I’m so terribly excited for tomorrow! I’ll be gathering with friends pool-side at Lindsay and Ryan’s for a birthday celebration and BBQ for Josee and I (and Ricky too!) The weather looks like it’s going to be perfect for lounging by the pool, playing in the water with the kids, and just soaking up a wonderful summer day with friends. I can’t wait!
· I’m exactly one week away from vacation, and I’m trying not to think about it because I get too wound up. My family and I will be spending a few days at one of my favourite places in the world, the Draper Camp. I’m also hoping to do a few other of my favourite things on my week off – like go to the movies! (I haven’t been to a movie in FOR-EV-ERRRRRRRRR) And just stroll down to the store to rent a movie and buy a banana-flavoured popsicle. Maybe get a little shopping action in? Possibly some time at the beach in Norway Bay? Getting to eat out at a few of the restaurants I’ve been craving lately? I also can’t wait to just relax in the morning on my deck with a good book and a big mug of coffee. Who knows what all the week will hold in store, because I really don’t have any concrete plans yet. I just want it to be perfect and summery.
· It’s terrible to say – especially since I’m the one always warning people not to wish their time away – but I’m already kind of craving fall. I can’t seem to stop my mind from drifting to sweaters, leggings and boots; big pots of soup or chili; my scary movie marathon that I have leading up to Halloween; fun fall activities like Car Rally (which my team is organizing this year), and prepping for the Christmas House Tour. SO bizarre. I love fall, but I’m also a “live in the moment” kind of girl, and summer has always been one of my favourite times of year. I haven’t had enough time in the water, or enough popsicles and ice cream, or enough BBQ’d burgers and corn on the cob; or enough suntanning and reading on the back deck yet. Like, c’mon, Jill!! Get with the program!
Hope you all have a fantastic summer weekend!!