It’s here… It’s finally ALMOST here!!!
For weeks, I’ve been watching fellow co-workers come in on Friday afternoons, clicking their heels with excitement as they punch out before going on vacation.
And now, it’s MY turn!!
Nothin’ beats that “last day of work before vacation” feeling. Just try to wipe the grin off my face today!
Here’s some Friday pre-vacay randoms…
· The best way to kick off vacation is definitely with the company golf tournament, which is set for this afternoon. I actually decided not to golf this year, so I volunteered to stay in the office for to answer phones and help any customers that may drop in. However, I am still going to the golf course after work to meet the gang for dinner, and I can’t wait!
· I admit that I’ve been feeling mildly stressed out this week over next week’s weather forecast. The long-range hasn’t been looking so great – cooler temps, and a lot of rain/showers in the forecast. But I finally told myself yesterday, “That’s enough worrying about the weather! You have no control over it, and you’re going to be off anyways, so there’s point troubling yourself over it. The point is you get to stay up later than usual, sleep in later than usual, and just ENJOY your time! So RELAX!!”
· One of my favourite places to relax is, without a doubt, my aunt & uncle’s camp. It’s not far from home, but for the last few years, it’s become our favourite summer get-away. Despite the weather, my family and I are still planning to head there next week for a few days. I can’t wait to be sitting around the big table in the kitchen playing cards or games, relaxing with a cup of coffee in the morning on the deck, sitting on the dock dangling my feet in the water, having fun with the kids on the beach, roasting marshmallows on a campfire… bring it on!! The rain & cool temps won’t stop us!!
· Part of the fun of going to the camp is the meal planning. I’ve spent all week making lists, talking it over with my mom, and I’m so excited to shop on the weekend for it! I volunteered to look after buying the snacks for the week. My original plan was to make it as healthy as possible, but… Mom and I have both agreed you need at least some treats at the camp!
· Monday is my birthday, and thus the conclusion of The Six-Week Plan/The Bikini Project. I’ve been giving it one last push this week with a 5-day high-protein diet, but alas, I really don’t think the bikini is going to happen, dudes. Possibly a tankini, though, if any of the ones I ordered arrive in time and actually fit! Haha!
· It’s supposed to be rainy & cool on Monday anyways. I doubt I’ll be strutting around much in any kind of swimwear…
· The good news is that, despite a few major slip-ups in the food department, I have managed to work out EVERY DAY for the past six weeks (and I don’t foresee any reason why I can’t complete that over the weekend), and of course, haven’t missed a day of Shakeology. I have been able to shed most of the pounds I had put on since Easter, and I’m back down to my “Magic Number”. Phewf! Feeling so relieved! Now, the trick will be to enjoy myself next week without complete demolishing my progress all over again…
· I have a new plan in mind for when vacation is over. It doesn’t involve a number on the scale, or a piece of clothing to fit into, or a size that I want to be. It’s simply to work on developing a better relationship with food. I say all the time that I love food soooo much, but lately, I seem to be feeling shame and regret any time I over-indulge. And every time I get a sniff of the junk, I am TOTALLY over-indulging. It’s a vicious cycle that doesn’t get me any further ahead, and only makes me feel bad about myself. I want to nip this one in the bud, so I’ll be looking up resources to help with this next phase of my journey. If anyone has any recommendations for books or websites that deal with this matter, please let me know!
· But first… VACATION!!!!
· Aside from the camp, here are some of the things I want to do on my week off: Wash my car, watch Blue Hawaii, go shopping in a REAL mall, go to the movies (maybe even more than once?!), eat out at several of the places I’ve been dying to go to lately (Montana’s & Chinese food, I’m lookin’ at you!), spend time with my nieces and nephew (and the rest of the fam-jam, too, of course), rent a movie from the store and finally pick up that bag of ketchup chips I’ve been thinking about for weeks, and READ (hopefully on the back deck, with a mug of coffee…c’mon, weather, please co-operate)!!!
Only a few more hours to go…
See y’all in a week!!!! :)