Ah, how I love a good ol’ short week! Thursday already!
Some random musings for today…
· On Tuesday, I shared that “The Bikini Project” was officially back on track. I know I’m only two days in, but so far, so good, folks. Every time I feel sad about the fact that I can’t just run to the store for a Drumstick ice cream cone, or hover over my jars of peanut butter and honey, or make that cookie recipe I printed out last week, I remind myself… This will be worth it.
· My birthday is July 28th. That’s really not that far away. I’ve gone almost a year and a half without eating poutine, and over a year without going to my beloved McDonalds… at one time, I’d have thought that impossible. So I can hang tough for a couple of months with limiting treats, right? Totally. I got this.
· Pancakes. I’ve been thinking too much about pancakes. You see, after giving up sugar for Lent, I swore I’d have a big stack of buttery, syrupy pancakes on Easter Sunday morning. Instead, I had a waffle with fruit and syrup at the restaurant my family goes to for brunch after church. The following week, I had their hotcakes. Similar to a pancake, but smaller, and not quite what I had been envisioning in my pancake fantasies. In my post-Easter gluttony, I never really did fulfill that pancake dream. So if I’m successful with The Bikini Project, I’m going to reward myself with a plate of homemade pancakes soon thereafter. (But just not maybe that morning, because I don’t need pancake bloat when I’m wearing the damn thing…)
· This coming Saturday is our Canada Day Committee’s annual golf tournament. Used to be a day that I looked forward to because I always went on a wild rip and partied my butt off all night long. I still look forward to it, but I kind of dread the fact that I’ll be up past my regular bedtime. I really have turned into an old lady…
· So that means I’m going to make a big effort to still have an awesome time, even though I won’t be joining the rest of them in two-fisting drinks and dancing on the tables. ;)
· You know, everyone rolls their eyes at me in the winter when I’m gushing about how much I love the snow, but here’s the truth: I’m glad the snow is gone, of course, but I would GLADLY shovel a foot of snow once or twice a week (takes me max 20 minutes to shovel my walkway) rather than having to take over an hour at LEAST once a week to mow my stupid lawn. God, I hate cutting the grass. And right now, it should technically be getting cut twice a week. Who the hell has time for that?! It is growing too.freakin.fast.
· The next three weekends coming up are jam-packed with activities. Golf Tournament, Duck Race, Relay for Life, Book Club, Sunday School Picnic… is it bad that I’m already fast-forwarding and looking forward to my next “free” weekend, which isn’t until June 14th-15th?
· Have to keep reminding myself to live in the present, soak up the fun times with family and friends, and just ENJOY these busy spring & summer weekends! Don’t begrudge the activity… embrace it!! J
Happy Thursday, friends!!