Oh my gaaaaad, guys. Where has this week gone?? Where has this MONTH gone?!?
Life is… busy. I honestly have no clue how people with husbands and kids do it. I’m having a hard enough time getting my grass cut and my own mouth fed, for crying out loud!
But today, I’m making an effort to blog. My poor wee blog had been abandoned long enough.
Here’s some random crap that I’ve got goin’ on right now:
- I think I might actually be cheering for the Montreal Canadiens. It’s taken me almost three whole rounds, and they are still on the brink of elimination against the NY Rangers, but… Tuesday night, I finally realized my heart was in it. I wanted them to win. Imagine that.
- I kinda think part of the reason why I want them to win is because of Jimmy Fallon. Being a New Yorker, he’s got a bet going on with the Habs, and if he loses, he has to wear a Montreal jersey for one of his monologues. And I think that’d be pretty fun to watch.
- Mosquitoes. They are BAD this year, guys. My good buddy Stacy has already blogged about it, but these suckers are seriously monsters. I got eaten alive this past weekend. When I open the front door, 12 more come waltzing in. They are my ultimate nemesis.
- This past weekend was our Canada Day Committee’s Annual Golf Tournament & Steak Supper. Not only was it the first time in years that I didn’t golf, it was also the first time in years that I didn’t drink… and I had a great time anyways!
- Except for the mosquitoes, of course.
- Oh, and also except for the fact that I couldn’t stop eating cake. Seriously, dudes, I have a problem. This food addiction thing is killing me. I did so well with my healthy eating last week. SO well. Even on Saturday, I resisted deep fried delicacies at the golf course, and even packed my own healthy snacks and water for the day. And then… then the cake came out at the hall afterwards. I ate one piece. I ate two pieces. Hell, I might’ve eaten six pieces, I’m really not sure. I became blinded by icing.
- The next day, when we returned to clean up at the hall, I discovered leftover cake. I ate a whole bunch more. AND took some home.
- I think I’m going to vote that at our next event, there should be NO cake. Clearly I can’t be trusted.
- So yeah. Back to square one with that whole Bikini Project I was so devoted to last week. Dammit. *sigh*
- This coming weekend is Relay for Life. This will be my third year participating, walking again in memory of my dad. I have been totally blown away by the support I’ve received from family and friends in my fundraising efforts. I’ve raised the most money I ever have – over $1000 – and I’m so very grateful!! I can’t wait to walk with my Slipper Sisters on Saturday night! Full report to come next week… :)
To close this post out, here are some of the pics from CDC Golf Tourney this past weekend!
Ryan in his patriotic golf outfit!
Susie & I working the ticket table
Mitchel, Morgan & Chelsea working the bar
Adam, Cowan & Ryan
Shots! Shots! Shots!
You know it’s a good party when someone ends up in a grocery cart… in a town that doesn’t even have a grocery store… ?!? LOL
Have a great weekend, dudes!!