It’s Tuesday! The perfect day of the week to get a little random…
- Did you know I’m being introduced to some music that I never would have found if not for Jimmy Fallon? My main late-night man has some musical guests that I couldn’t care less about… but sometimes, he gives me these little gems. Acts like The Avett Brothers and Nickel Creek and Jake Bugg. Wouldn’t have known about them if not for Jimmy!
- OK, that’s not entirely true. My brother-in-law Chris made me listen to Jake Bugg before Jimmy had him on his show. But I didn’t download him myself until after I saw him perform “Me & You” on the Tonight Show.
- Speaking of the Tonight Show – last week, I shared the clip of Jimmy & Emma Stone’s lip sync battle (which was, in my opinion, the most epic of any of the lip sync battles I’ve seen yet). I didn’t think I could get more excited about something on Jimmy’s show that week. That was, until he shared a news clip in his monologue the very next night from our very own local news broadcast! Check it out:
- So yeah. Not exactly something to be proud of, I guess. Bad enough that he rails on Rob Ford pretty much every single night. Now we’re famous for having a flasher named “Popadick”. But you just can’t help but laugh, right?!
- I was so excited to see our news anchor Graham Richardson on Fallon that I think I watched it three times in a row!!!
- I love me a good superhero movie, but I admit that all of the remakes and reboots in recent years have left me a little bit lost and confuzzled. My co-worker (and superhero fanatic) Jared has tried to explain it all to me, but I just don’t get it. I mean, I was there for all those Tobey McGuire Spiderman movies, but when the newest ones came out with a different guy playing Peter Parker, I lost interest. Until…until… I saw the new dude, Andrew Garfield, this week on – you guessed it – Jimmy Fallon. I found Mr. Garfield to be quite charming. A lovely young chap. Then I saw him again hosting Saturday Night Live. And I admit, I’ve become quite smitten. Now I need to go back and see these Amazing Spiderman flicks, because I need more Andrew Garfield in my life.
- By the way, I rarely ever watched Saturday Night Live until I saw Jimmy host the Christmas episode this past holiday season. I’ve PVR’d it ever since. But I don’t ever watch it on Saturday night. I watch it on Sunday morning, before church, snuggled up on my couch with a big mug of coffee. Like a grown up.
- This has kind of turned into the Jimmy Fallon randoms, hasn’t it?
- Here’s a Jimmy-less random for you: I randomly decided at 8:30 PM on Saturday night to bake cookies. Instead of just chocolate chips, I also added the Carrot Cake M&M’s that I bought for Easter but didn’t end up loving as much as I thought I would. They were really good in the cookies, though.
- You know you’re living a wild life when you’re baking cookies at 8:30 PM on a Saturday night. In your pajamas.
I think that’s all I’ve got for this Random Tuesday, friends. Have a good one!