Wednesday, May 08, 2013

WWTKW: A little bit o’ everything.

She’s a peach of a day out there today, kids!  A PEACH of a day!!

OK.  So maybe it’s not just the sunny, hot weather.  Maybe my good mood is directly related to the Sens’ big pesky comeback win in OT last night over the Habs.  That could be it.

Just try to wipe the grin of my face.  It’s not even possible. :) 

Not even my allergies can bring me down today!! (Although they are trying!!)

But the series isn’t over yet – we still have one more game to win – so I won’t start the celebration too soon.  Instead, how about some We Want to Know Wednesday Q&A?

WWTKbutton-1-1_zps2077872a

Link up with Scriptor & Kenzie and join in the fun!

1. If you could be great at any sport, which would it be?  My first instinct is to say hockey, because it is by far my favourite sport to watch.  But honestly, I really wish I’d become a softball player.  A good one.  We have a local women’s team that plays competitively, and I’ve often wished I could play well enough to join them.  Unfortunately, I couldn’t even cut it in a 3-pitch league, and we all know that story of my dad cutting me from his Little League squad when I was like 10 years old… Sadly, I can’t run fast, I can’t throw far, my aim is terrible, I rarely connect bat to ball, and when a ball is sailing towards, my gut reaction is always to duck instead of catch it.  A ball player… I am not.

6731_266255100354_7402462_n

One of these things just doesn’t belong here…

2. How do you like your coffee, or what is your go to for ordering from a coffee stand?  I adore my Keurig.  My current fave is a Hazelnut light roast blend with a dash of fat-free French Vanilla Coffeemate in it.  No coffee stands close by, but I do enjoy it when someone brings me one from Timmy’s – used to like a large double-double, but now I go with sweetener and a little milk!

timsplash-left

3. What is your favorite TV show, and why?  This is such a difficult question for me.  I’ve had many favourite shows over the years.  Of course, in recent months, I would 100% tell you it’s Prison Break.  (And no, I haven’t followed through on my threat to re-watch it again already… kinda been tied up in the NHL playoffs!!!!)

Prison_Break_Season_2

Other big all-time faves include Friends, Grey’s Anatomy, Friday Night Lights, Sex & The City, and the one I’m currently re-watching – The Big Bang Theory!

tv shows  friday-night-lights-061010

sheldon_layered_tees

4. If you could get, or give, one thing for Mother’s Day what would it be? Considering I don’t have kids, I don’t get Mother’s Day gifts. lol  But if I WAS a mom, I think just spending the day with my children and family would be present enough!! (Right, MOM?!?!?! hahahaha!!)

Honestly, though, if I could give my mom anything for Mother’s Day, it would be tickets to a Sens playoff game – in GOOD seats.  I know she loves the atmosphere of being at Scotiabank Place, but I don’t think she’s ever been there for a playoff game, and I don’t think she’s ever been out of the third level.  Maybe some year, Ma! ;)

OttawaSenatorsNewYorkRangersGame32012StanleyCupNHLPlayoffs

5. Do you have any special plans for Mother’s Day?  We’ll go to church and probably out for brunch, and then the whole gang is gathering at my sister’s place Sunday afternoon for a BBQ.  Very much looking forward to celebrating my wonderful momma, as well as my sister Kara and my sister-in-law Amanda (this will be her first Mother’s Day!) 

Very lucky to have such great mothers in my life.  Especially the ones who let me sometimes pretend that their babies are mine. ;)

294366_10150858083620554_829502808_n

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe someday there will be a womens hockey league. :)

Steph said...

Your own dad cut you from his team? That's harsh.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Stacie said...

Ah, its been forever since we got a Prison Break reference...you know your brother will call you out!

VandyJ said...

Sigh, I feel about sport like you do. I tend to get out of the way of balls flying at me. Reflex action, or self preservation, you pick.

Anonymous said...

Playing softball would be fun! Bummer about your dad cutting you from the team.
I wish I had a Keurig - I've heard only amazing things about it.
Prison Break is a great show! Not to mention the main character is quite the looker :D
Thanks for linking up with us!

The Lovely One said...

I want to go out to brunch for Mother's Day, too! Alas, I'll be getting breakfast in bed... cute, but there will be a mess for me to clean up afterwards!

And I have to say that very few people would agree that spending time with your kids on mother's day is present enough! Maybe time AWAY from the kids! :)

Nicole said...

So... let's add Tim Horton's to my list of things to do up there! :)

Nancy said...

ha, ha, I like the time away from kids idea! Just joking, but I am just back from being cooped up with family members in enclosed places, ha, ha.