- Yesterday, I hit 100 FOLLOWERS!! Woo hoo!! I know I already treated you to like a billion pictures of yummy looking food to celebrate, but stay tuned - I may just have a little giveaway in store for you in honour of hitting this prestigious milestone!! ;) Thanks to all for clicking the “Follow” button, I appreciate each & every one of you. XO
- It feels cold today. Like, really friggin cold compared to the past few days. The weather man says it’s 9 degrees Celcius today, but it feels much colder. Brrrr. Bring on the +20 on Sunday. I’m freezing my butt off right now.
- The warmer weather has had me craving chip stand food. Every night, on my way home from work, I drive by Mae’s and glance in to see if there’s any sign of life. So far, no such luck. Oh what I’d give for a Mae’s poutine for supper tonight…
- So. I finally attempted to Google Diagnose my fish this morning. The bump is still there. Last Friday night, some of my friends suggested that maybe it’s pregnant. Which led to a whole ridiculously hilarious conversation on the mating rituals of goldfish and whether or not fish can even get “pregnant”, and then somehow ended with us watching a Youtube video of a turtle doing it with a Croc. (No, not a real crocodile, just a shoe. I can’t make this stuff up, people.)
- So, back to the problem at hand. According to the Google Veterinarians, my fish most likely has a terrible bacterial infection, and if I don’t treat him immediately, he will die soon. I’m supposed to go to the pet store and buy some kind of medicine, quarantine him, clean my tank, put fresh water in, and hope & pray. And it probably won’t work, but if I want to save my other fish, this is the only course of action I can take. That sounds like a lot of work for a couple of fish, right? I think I’ll just wait it out and see what happens. (If that chick that sent me fish hate mail before reads this, I’m gonna be in BIG TROUBLE MISTER!!)
- You should all be fair warned: When you go to Youtube and search for “turtle doing it with a Croc”, you’re going to be led to a string of videos displaying very risqué animal porn. And simply by typing this sentence, I’m probably going to have every creepo on the interwebs coming to my blog. JUST GREAT.
- Sticking with the animal theme: As the snow melts in my yard, I’m discovering little mounds of mud everywhere. Each of them has a little hole in the middle. My mother tells me that I probably have grubs, and mice or moles have been burrowing around eating them. Blech. The thoughts of mice and/or moles scurrying around my yard gives me the heebie jeebies. I better not catch one of those vermin in my house.
This is not my lawn but it kind of looks like this.
- This time change? It sucks the big one. I’ve always said, “Oh, time changes don’t really bother me, I adjust quickly.” Well, not this time!! I’m feeling so so tired this week. So very, very tired.
- I’m looking forward to a quieter weekend this weekend – with more relaxing, and less wine-drinking. Last Saturday night, at Mae’s party, I drank wine. Probably just a smidge too much. I don’t handle my wine very well. The next thing you know, I’m holding a Zumba class on the dance floor. (Lindsay has photo evidence, unfortunately.) That’s also probably why I’ve been so tired this week (can hangovers last this long??) and why my legs have been so sore. *sigh* Gettin’ too old, I tell ya…
- Remember how I said I gave up my credit card for Lent? Well, I’m still holding strong, but boy oh boy do I miss it. I’ve been really wanting to order the next season I need of The Big Bang Theory on Amazon.ca, but I keep telling myself, “After Easter. After Easter.” I really miss on-line shopping, though.
- I have run out of chocolate. I have to make a decision. Replenish the Easter Eggs, or try to cut myself off the chocolate? Tough decision. What would you do if you were me? (Hint: The answer is “Buy more chocolate, Jill.”)