Every so often, I tell you guys about the randomly odd things that I’m noticing in my life. Today is one of those extra-special days.
- Posting about this is probably going to get me more fish hate mail, but one of my gangster fish has a very serious problem I think. The other night, when I had my family over for dinner, my sister pointed out to me that the big one, Marley, has a huge bump on it’s side. I’ve been observing it ever since. I was hoping it just needed to take a big fishy poop, but apparently not. I’m now thinking it has a tumor growing internally. I don’t know if there are such thing as fish doctors? Please advise.
- Why, oh why, when I wear dark-coloured nail polish, do people think I’m going crazy? A few weeks ago, I had on my Revlon Black Star, which I loved, and several people thought it was too Goth apparently. This week, I’m sporting e.l.f.’s Metal Madness, and I’m getting similar questions and strange looks. It’s just nail polish, people. I’ll wear yellow next week. Promise.
Not my fingers! Stolen from Google Images
- I’ve heard that peoples’ tastes change every seven years or something like that. Well, it’s taken me 28 years, but I think I’m officially now a sweets person. Not that I’d ever turn down a piece of cake before, but I preferred chips & dip and other salty snacks. Since Christmas, though, I can’t get enough of the sweets. My family mocked me for being the only person in the world to already have Easter candy last weekend. Whatever. I need chocolate on a daily basis now. It just so happens that at this time of year, it comes in the form of Easter Eggs.
- Sticking with the weird taste buds…remember my addiction to tea? All different kinds of herbal and green teas? Well, that’s over. I stand and stare at all my boxes of tea bags – Mulled Apple, Ginger Peach, Lemon Echinacea, Chocolatey Chai, Peppermint…and I curl up my nose. Now, I apparently just want good ol’ black tea. Fortunately, I have discovered a new favourite. Earl Grey Vanilla. Love.
- I’ve been missing Yoga. I was doing it quite a bit pre-Christmas, but hadn’t really gotten back into it since then. Until last night. I went to Yoga and was absolutely appalled at how non-bendy I am again. Terrible. But it felt good to stretch it out. I think I’ll be resuming my regular Yoga practices, effective immediately.
- I can’t read anymore. I don’t know what’s wrong with me, but I’ve tried reading, and it’s not working. Not even my fluffy re-read of the Twilight series has been successful. I’m stalled about two chapters into New Moon, and have no interest in continuing. There are 5 books on my night stand that I have started and never picked back up again. Weird.
- What I have been doing a lot of? Puzzles. Also weird. I have been working on this one puzzle with a picture of horses on it for about two months, off and on. Last night, I sat on my floor for two hours, watching Friends and doing my puzzle. It’s finally starting to take shape. And I am now officially an old lady who would rather do puzzles than anything else.
- Sunday is the giant legendary annual St. Patrick’s Day party in my town, and a week ago I was so excited about it. Today? Not so much. I’m contemplating bailing. Not feeling the green these days. I’d rather drink tea and work on my puzzle.
So there. All the odd and random floating through my brain this morning, spilled all over the blog. Just for you.