Wednesday, July 13, 2011

You know you want to know…

I seriously love Wednesdays.  The “We Want to Know Wednesday” link-up is one of my faves, hosted by these ladies: Mamarazzi, Impulsive Addict, Seriously Shawn, and Janette.  I love seeing what questions they have for us, pondering my answers, then posting them here.  Plus, I don’t have to think up some other topic for a post.  It’s just like, “It’s WWTK Wednesday.  DONE!”

WWTKbutton

Word on the street is that this week will be the last for Shawn and Impulsive Addict to co-host, so I hope to come up with some good answers to these questions for their farewell!  Thanks for being such great hostesses, ladies! And I’m so glad Mamarazzi and Janette are carrying on!

This week’s questions are:

{1} Which activities make you lose track of time?

{2} Is there such a thing as perfect?

{3} When do you feel most like yourself?

{4} Describe your life in a 6 word sentence.

{5} Share one of your most beloved childhood memory.

And these  are my answers…

{1} Which activities make you lose track of time? Anything interwebby.  Facebook, blogging, checking emails…then all of a sudden, WHOOPS!  Had no friggin’ clue I was farting around that long.  Also, reading.  But it has to be a damned good book.  One I can get lost it.  Then all of a sudden, look up and realize I’ve been reading for two hours.  Doesn’t happen often, but it can!

{2} Is there such a thing as perfect? I don’t know about perfection when it comes to human beings, but I do believe there are things and events that can be perfect.  When I stood on the beach in Cuba for the first time, looking out at the ocean, wind whipping my hair and salt water stinging my legs for the first time, I thought, “This is perfect.”  I’ve been at weddings before where you stand around afterwards and say, “That was just perfect.”  Or hear a song for the first time that just clicks with you…that feels pretty perfect.  So yes, I think things can be perfect.  But we, as people?  I don’t know if it’s possible to achieve perfection.  Other than newborn babies…they are pretty close, I think. ;)

{3} When do you feel most like yourself? When I’m with my family or friends, doing things I’m comfortable doing.  As long as I feel comfortable, I feel like myself.  For instance, last Friday, paintballing for Brenda’s birthday?  Didn’t feel like myself at that.  Later that night at Gavan’s, getting drunk?  Yup.  That felt right.  ;)  Also, when I’m writing.  It’s just sort of this feeling that comes over me, like, “Yes, this is what you’re supposed to be doing, Jill.”

{4} Describe your life in a 6 word sentence. Content, yet always praying for fulfillment.

{5} Share one of your most beloved childhood memories.  One of my favourite things to do as a child was go “camping” with my family.  When Mom and Dad started talking about getting ready to either go to Aunt Marion & Uncle Eric’s camp, or to Achray Station in Algonquin Park, I knew good times were on the horizon.  One summer day at the camp – I would’ve been about ten years old - Aunt Marion and I decided to go out in the canoe.  I had never been canoeing before, so she said she would teach me.  My mom told us she was sure we would flip it.  Aunt Marion scoffed (in her dry, sarcastic humour), “Oh come on!  If the Indians can do it, we can do it!”  So off we went in our canoe.  We made it out to the end of the dock before flipping it.  About twenty-five feet from shore.  I can still hear my mom laughing on the beach, shouting, “'If the Indians can do it’, eh?!” 

Another memory from the camp?  My brother and I out in the paddleboat.  It had a boat oar in it in case you got stuck on rocks, to shove yourself off.  Luke would get so mad at me because he’d be paddling away, and I’d just be dipping the oar in the water like as if I was in a real row boat, singing Pocahontas songs.  “Just around the river bend!!!!” at the top of my lungs.  Good times.

Want to join in with WWTK Wednesday?  Click any of the names above and link up!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your 6 work sentence. I think I feel like that a lot too. Happy Wednesday!

Stacy said...

Now I have JUST AROUND THE RIVER BEND song in my head...THANKS

Brenda said...

yup - I am sitting here at work singing away as well.. way to go Jill!

Lindsay said...

Ha ha I just totally laughed out loud at the "Just Around The Riverbend" part! ha ha!

VandyJ said...

A good book is one that will make me lose track of time. A better book is one I can read aloud to the fam in the car and it make the miles melt away.

BNM said...

yeah babies are pretty damn near perfect! I love your childhood memory awesome!

Impulsive Addict said...

You came up with great answers for all the questions!

Yes to all on #1. But you HAVE to check them all, right? We can't help it.

I love your 6 word sentence. Greatness!

Your childhood memory is so sweet and reminds me of camping with my family.

Thanks for linking up!

Nicole said...

haha, so I started reading your stuff, and apparently got side tracked and realized I didn't finish... yeah I'm that cool! :) the 6 word sentence, good! And I've never been camping....

Stacie said...

Crackbook will suck me in every time! And you said farting around! That makes me laugh, our Mom used to tell us to quit fiddle farting around, have no clue what it means, but it makes me laugh!

Now, I have that Pocohontas song stuck in my head!

Jfam said...

Awesome childhood story..camping times with my family wasn't always the best I was a prissy girl that needed air conditioning! :) But now I might cherish those times more if we did them. Funny how we change. I am the same way with Facebook and blogging. Especially blogging start looking at others blogs and commenting and forget it, that can take all day!

Mamarazzi said...

LOVED camping as a kid your memories are fantastic!

thanks for linking up, i really enjoy your answers!!

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

I always enjoy your answers and I love seein' your personality come out in your words.. Everyone seems to have a camping memory.. I guess my parents sucked b/c we were out freezin' our tushes off skiing and I think I might rather be roasting marshmellows and playing with dirt...heh.

Nancy said...

Oh, Jill, Just around the river bend is not helping me concentrate on studying!!! I need to get back at it, hopefully that song will depart. I actually lose myself writing sermons. What a geek, I know, but it gives me such a rush of spiritual energy and I can't wait to share it with you all...for the most meaningful ones I feel breathless. Miss you all!