OK. Back to business. I took yesterday off from blogging because I was cranky and tired. So I have lots to yammer about today. Many different topics floating through my brain. So I'm linking up with Stacy Uncorked's RANDOM TUESDAY.
- I hate storms. We were hit with a couple of bad ones on Sunday night. The earlier one was a vicious wind storm that wreaked all kinds of havoc locally, including blowing down the mainstage at Bluesfest in Ottawa while Cheap Trick was performing on the final night. (Only a few injuries, no fatalities, thank God.) The second one had me sitting on the couch in the middle of the night for two hours, gripping my phone with white knuckles, talking myself out of calling my mom because it was thundering & lightning so bad there was no way I could make myself go out the door to my car to get to her place. I would have literally crapped my pants. We've been having a lot of weird weather lately. Gives me the creeps.
- Remember how I said I was nervous for that bachelorette on Saturday night? Turns out...nothing to be nervous about! It was a blast. Wish I could share pictures, but my camera battery died that night, and I have yet to juice it back up. You'll just have to take my word for it. Touring around the city in a giant limo-party-bus, celebrating Steph's last "single girl night", hitting up bars, sharing lots of laughs and drinks...really, how could it not be a good night?
- It's hot here. Really flippin' hot. And I love it.
- I wish I was on holidays. I took the second week of August, and it seems like it's still eons away. I'm jealous of everyone else who's on holidays now. I have to keep reminding myself that my day is coming...
- My family always teases me about how I like to stretch my birthday festivities out so that they last a long time. Days...sometimes weeks. My dad often calls it "The Queen's Jubilee". Last year, I didn't really get to have a birthday with my family, so I reminded them all of this the other night, and hinted at how they'd better be planning to do it up big to make up for it. My father (who hates - loathes - celebrations of any make, shape, or form) said this: "Oh f*ck."
- Speaking of birthdays...last Friday night at Lone Star was such a great time! I wish we could all go out for a big dinner like that every week! Because we were celebrating 3 upcoming birthdays (Ricky, Josee, and me), the fine people at Lone Star thought it was appropriate to make us wear giant blue cowboy hats and stand on our chairs. Um, excuse me, handsome cowboy waiter? Say what? I'm a very big girl, and this is a very wobbly chair. Methinks not. Thankfully, Josee and Ricky also hesitated at jumping up on their seats. So instead, we stood beside our chairs. Much safer that way.
- One of my favourite moments from the weekend: As my family gathered around the kitchen table to watch the vicious windstorm whip in on Sunday night, my 2-year-old niece Danica stood there, at first watching intently, then scanning our faces, looking quite concerned. She started whimpering, "Mommy...Mommy...Mommy..." but my oblivious sister was too busy watching the storm to notice her little one. Finally Danica shouted, desperately, dramatically, wide-eyed and panicked, "SOMEBODY!!!!"
- She was quickly scooped up and consoled.
- I'm currently in love with Jason Aldean and his Dirt Road Anthem.
Feeling a little random today? Why not get it all out. It feels good. Trust me.