Thursday, July 07, 2011

We Want to Know THURSDAY.

I’m a day late, but I really wanted to share my answers to yesterday’s “We Want to Know Wednesday” questions!  This linky party is hosted by Mamarazzi, Impulsive Addict, Janette, and Seriously Shawn.

Photobucket

 Here are this week’s questions and my answers:

1. Name five of your favorite new blogs that you're reading.  Like several others, I’m pleading the fifth here!  I don’t want to hurt feelings.  But I’ll tell you my new recent fave, which I never, ever skim over in my Google Reader (sorry, some days are busy, and I skim!) – and that is UpperBottom.  Go visit Rachel.  She’s hilarious.

2. When you were a young child or teenager, did you have an idea of how many children you wanted and what their names would be?  Did you follow through on your ideas?  Ha!  This kind of goes back to my baby name post a few weeks ago, but as a child/teen, I swore I was going to have 6 kids.  Their names were going to be Charlie, Michael, Jaime, Madelyn, Johnny, and Oliver.  I don’t have any kids yet, and of course, that number has decreased, but I still like all of those names.  I’d now settle for two kids, and my names are Charlie and Maribeth.

3. What is the silliest thing you fight with someone about?  It could be your spouse, sibling, parents, co-worker, etc.  Oh, can’t think of any recent fights (although my friend Brenda, if she’s reading this, would draw attention to the time I bit her when she tried to take my car keys one drunken night…)  I think probably my silliest fight ever was with a classmate in college.  Remember the story of The Captain of Heat?  This friend had the same crush.  He gave her a pen, and I recall us having a real drawn-out fight over who got to keep it.  Really.  Could I get any sillier??

4. What is your favorite scent that others may not find very nice? Ex. gasoline, sweat from your sweetie, etc.    I guess my strangest “favourite scent” is the country… Which, by extension, means cow manure.  It smells like that often around here, and I just love it. 

5. What are your thoughts on plastic surgery? (Have you had it? Want it? Regrets?)  I have never had plastic surgery, and while I like the idea of it (Make my boobs bigger? Please!  Liposuction?  Sure!!) – I don’t know if I could ever go through with it.  The thought of surgery scares me.  I’ve seen too many botched jobs on Grey’s. ;)

So…It’s kind of too late this week to join in the fun, since this was supposed to be done yesterday.  But stay tuned next week for the usual WWTK Wednesday post, and follow any of the links above to find it!!

4 comments:

Impulsive Addict said...

I skim a few blogs. It's okay to skim. But I love funny blogs so I'll go check out Rachel!

I like the name Oliver. It's a family name for me and my hubs so if we are blessed with a boy, it will be his middle name.

Cow poo? SHUT UP! Really?

I'm with you on plastic surgery. I like the idea of it but I've seen it done on tv and it doesn't look fun at all!

Thanks for linking up! You're the best!

Sharon said...

Okay, you totally can't leave out the great Tom Cruise debacle or the incident over my hatred of the Captain of the Heats mole. Those were pretty silly times. I don't think you spoke to me for weeks after I told you Tom Cruise was disgustingly ugly in one of the Mission Impossibles.

Jill said...

Oh, Sharon...I did think of those fights when I wrote this, I just didn't want to re-open that can of worms. ;)

Although, I do believe the Captain of Heat fight displayed my best come-back in an argument ever. I was very proud of that "Eww, Josh Hartnett? Looks like he has chocolate on his NECK" line. haha!!

Robin said...

Ssshhhh... not tell anyone but I love the smell of stockyards... all the cow manure... LOVE IT!!