Well, it'll be back to the ol' grindstone for me tomorrow, so I decided to take a few of my last "holiday moments" to share my New Year's resolutions with all of my favourite Bloggers. Here goes nothing...
- Resolution #1: To lose 26 lbs. 6 of those pounds I have gained over the holidays, so I hope to shed them quickly. But I vowed I'd eat happily and heartily during Christmas, which I did, so I refuse to regret my food binge. Now it's just time to get rid of it!!
- Resolution #2: To find a boyfriend. It's becoming increasingly apparent that Wade Redden is not going to come a-knockin' any day soon, so it's time to quit hanging all my hopes on him and move on. (Alright, so I haven't really been single all this time because I was holding out for Wade, but it sounds better than saying I'm just a loser with nobody to love me...) In any case, I'm planning on continuing the search with much intensity in 2007, and I'm vowing to have a boy of my own to kiss when 2008 comes rolling in. (If you know of any candidates, please send their applications to me at your earliest convenience).
- Resolution #3: To start writing again!! Writing used to be one of my favourite things to do. I always had storylines swirling around in my head, and I'd spend as much time as possible writing them down. However, in the past year or so, I haven't been writing much at all, with the exception of the Blog. How am I supposed to become a best-selling author if I don't at least try, right??
- Resolution #4: To win the Stanley Cup. Okay, so that resolution hinges entirely on the Ottawa Senators and their abilities, but I truly believe they can do it, and if they do, I'll be the one cheering the loudest and leading the parade. It's the only resolution I have no control over, but I'll leave it in the very capable hands of my Sens.
- Resolution # 5: To have as much fun as possible. I'm going to take every opportunity to do something different, to expand my horizons, to have a blast doing whatever comes my way. I'm going to dance more, I'm going to sing more, I'm going to do more of the things I love to do the most - I'm not going to worry, mope, or get down on myself. I'm going to be OPTIMISTIC about life in general. I'm going to do my best to be bright and shiny as often as possible. Just check out that glow coming from my direction... It's already working! ;o)
I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season and that you rang in 2007 in style! And I hope you're able to keep all of your New Year's Resolutions...It won't be easy, but together, we can do it!
Before signing off, I want to send out extra-special birthday wishes to one of our regular Bloggers - PRISCILLA!! I hope you're having a good one, PK, and we'll have to plan a night out for dinner to celebrate in the near future!!