My heart is heavy. I'm weighed down by an overwhelming helplessness and sadness. A fear that this world is spiraling out of control.
But it is Friday, and I refuse to let these things that are so far out of my control ruin what is otherwise a beautiful day thus far, and a beautiful start to another summer weekend. I'm going to take a moment to focus on the happy.
- The summer weekends have been so wonderful so far, and this one promises to follow suit. I'm looking forward to hanging out with my niece and nephew and having a little low-key movie night with them. Popcorn, cheesies, and some of their favourite DVD's, cuddled up on the couch, just relaxing and unwinding, sounds like the perfect way to spend a Friday evening to me!
- Tomorrow I'm looking forward to chilling with friends poolside, enjoying the water, the food, the drinks, the laughs of the kids, and the time spent with some of my besties.
- I'm T-minus ONE WEEK to vacation, y'all. And I'm due. I can feel it. I'm ready for a little rest, a little downtime, a little get-away to the Camp. I've been missing my "happy place" on the Ottawa River, and longing to be there for a while now. I'm so grateful it's almost time. One. More. Week.
- Next Thursday evening is "Fastball Night in Canada", meaning both the men's and women's Quyon Flyers fastball teams are going to be in action on the diamond in Quyon. I haven't been to any games yet this year, so I'm hoping to recruit some pals to join me next Thursday for some ball park beers. It's been wayyyyy too long since I last did that!
- I'm excited for the Truck & Tractor Pull, which is the talk of our little town, coming up next weekend! It will be the perfect way to kick off my holidays. The pull used to be a highlight on everyone's calendar, but it hasn't happened in years, and everyone is totally pumped that a group of people have decided to bring it back. Can't wait!
I hope you're all soaking up the summer, enjoying time spent with family and friends, and having no trouble "finding the happy".