Friday, May 06, 2016

Five Thoughts on Friday


  1. Friday is sooo my favourite day of the week.  I'm so glad the weekend is finally almost here!  I'm looking forward to my friend Stacy's Sunset Gourmet Party tonight, so many of the items sound yummy.  One of the things I'm dying to try is the Peach Sangria.  I haven't had a "drink" since I fell out of love with Moscato the weekend before Christmas (I got hammered at a Christmas party and haven't been able to stomach the thoughts of it since).  I need a new "drink"!!
  2. I was visiting my friend Sara and her fam last night, and after supper while we were out watching the kids play, we got swarmed by mosquitoes.  I hadn't seen a mosquito yet this year, and then all of a sudden, there was a thousand of them.  It really sucks that the second we get nicer weather, the bugs descend. The good news was they didn't seem to be biting the kids at all - just Sara and I!  I guess it's because we're just so sweet. ;)
  3. The new JT song that dropped at midnight!  LOVE IT!!  I heard it TWICE on the radio this morning (so they're probably going to kill it fast by over-playing it) but man, it made my morning this morning!
  4. I need to have me a good ol' fashioned popcorn and movie night really soon.  I've mostly watched TV shows since getting Netflix, but I have a bunch of actual movies saved to My List that I haven't got to because I always opt to watch more episodes of whatever show I'm into rather than a movie.  But I'm ready for just a regular movie night now.  Some of the ones I've saved that I'm excited to watch: Spy, Heaven Is For Real, Inside Out, Still Alice, Selfless, Ant-Man, Cinderella, The Interview, The Call, Captain Phillips, and Interstellar.
  5. I'm looking forward to celebrating my amazing Mom this weekend!  I count my lucky stars every day that I have her as my mother.  She is strong, caring, loves unconditionally, has an incredible faith, admirable work ethic, and at the end of the day, I do believe she is my very best friend.  Don't know what I'd do without her.  Happy Mother's Day to my mom, and to all of my wonderful friends and family who have the privilege of being called "Mom"!!
Happy Friday, pals! :)

No comments: