Wednesday, March 02, 2016

In Like a Lion...

It's March!  Seriously?!  The first two months of this year have whistled by at lightening speed.  And of course, what would March be if it didn't come in like a lion?  It's a winter wonderland out there, and it makes my heart happy!  Hey, it might be the last snow storm of the season, I'm gonna enjoy it! ;)

Just gonna do some random rambling this Wednesday...

  • The only thing that would make today better is if I could be at my mom's, hanging with the kiddos, enjoying a "true" Snow Day.  They are on March Break, so this morning I dropped off a bag full of movies, and longed to be able to stay there and join them.  What a PERFECT movie day this would be!  Snuggled up under cozy blankets, watching Disney, having fun treats... Ah well.  I'm going there for a pizza supper tonight and I told them to save a good movie for me, so I'll still get in on the fun! :)
  • This past Monday, I had a monstrosity of a headache.  I get sinusy headaches all too frequently, but this one in particular was a doozy.  Luckily it was my day off, so I could dope up on Advil, lie on the couch with the Magic bag at the back of my head and try to sleep it off.  I had planned to make spaghetti sauce though, and I wasn't going to let this headache stop me.  I forced myself up and into the kitchen.  Ended up not being the most fun spaghetti-sauce-making venture, but I'm happy to have a few new containers in my freezer.  I tried the Pioneer Woman recipe this time, and it was delish!
  • On Saturday, I curled!  I am sooo not a curler - I think I've only played once before, for my uncle's birthday party five or six years ago - but when my friends Sue and Brenda asked me to join their team for a local fundraiser bonspiel, I decided "why not?"  And it was a lot of fun!  I'm not sure I'm ready to take up curling as a hobby (a lot of people in our town joined a fun Thursday night curling league this year, and I keep hearing that I should join them next year) - but I enjoyed the exercise and having fun with friends for the day.  I still don't understand at all how to make the curling rock do what it's supposed to do, despite Brenda and Sue's best efforts at teaching me, but overall, I had a great time.
  • This past weekend, I also got to meet my friend Caryl's new baby boy, Isaac.  He was born last Tuesday, and he is a little ray of sunshine during what has otherwise been a difficult couple of years for the family.  It was so nice to see him, happy and healthy, nestled in his momma's arms.  Adorable!
  • I have some exciting news.  So exciting that I'm almost afraid to talk about it, because I might jinx it... but I'm supposed to have Wifi Internet installed at my house (finally) on Friday!!  If all goes well, I should be spending my weekend with Netflix!!!  *eeeeeeeek*  You guys have no idea how exciting this prospect is for me.  As someone who loves getting caught up in a good TV show, and who adores watching movies, Netflix sounds like a dream to me.  I'm trying not to get TOO wound up about it, because things like this always seem to backfire on me.  What if the guy forgets to come and install it, like the satellite TV guy who kept forgetting me a few years ago?  What if he does show up, but something goes wrong and he says he can't install it?  What if he does install it, but then somehow, for some reason, Netflix doesn't work for me?  These are just a few of the millions of "what if" scenarios that run through my brain leading up to something like this.  Pray for me, guys.  Pray for me and my Netflix.
  • The thoughts of having Internet in my own home almost make me giddy... I can use my laptop in my house!  I can upload pics whenever I want!  I can write blog posts in the evening and schedule them to post the next day!  I can write and submit my Equity notes without having to run to my mom's every week to do it!  My mom may never see me AGAIN!!!  (kidding, Mom.  Totally kidding.)
  • I admit I watched the Oscars on Sunday night ONLY to see if Leonardo DiCaprio finally won for Best Actor after losing out on the honour five times before over the past 22 years.  I haven't seen any of the movies that were nominated this year, and the movie he was in "The Revenant" was the LEAST likely of the bunch that I will ever see, but I really wanted to see Leo take home that golden statue.  And seeing Kate Winslet's reaction made it even more worthwhile.  The funny thing is, I think that's the only Leo movie that I truly ever loved (I mean "Titanic", of course) and I haven't even seen most of the movies he's made over the years - they usually aren't my kind of flick - and yet still, I really wanted him to win.  That Jack, he just wiggled his way into my heart all those years ago and never really left, I guess! ;)
  • While "Titanic" is my favourite Leo flick, I have to say, the man has definitely gotten better with age.  So much more studly now.  Filled out, strong, not so scrawny and gangly looking... yum.  
  • Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how happy I am that The Voice is back again for its 10th season.  I'm a little bummed that we have Christina Aguilera back for this installment - I prefer Gwen Stefani in that coach's chair - but I'm so happy to have Adam Levine back in my life on a regular basis.  I miss that boy when he's not on my TV twice a week! ;)
Happy Wednesday!  Happy March!  Happy SNOW DAY!!! 

2 comments:

Nicole said...

We just recently got Netflix... it's kind of addicting.

Jillian said...

I just recently got back on Netflix and I warn ya its very addicting like I finished Fuller House in one day addicting but enjoy! Its a beautiful thing