Feels like the days are just flying by, and I can't believe April is right around the corner now. Thought I'd pause today to just take a breath and reflect on the things I'm loving right now.
- I know this is old news by now, but I'm loving Netflix. It has been in my life for almost a month now, and it hasn't gotten old yet. So far, I've been through Fuller House, Making a Murderer, and The Mindy Project, and I'm now getting into Suits. I've also watched a couple of movies and documentaries, most recently revisiting a childhood favourite by watching Homeward Bound with Caden & Danica on our Sunday night sleepover. They loved it (and so did I!)
- I love the lingering Easter treats around my house... I still have Reese's PB cups (in pastel colours, of course), mini Caramilk, Creme, and Milk Chocolate Eggs, Cadbury Mini Eggs, jelly beans, jujubes, and a delicious Lindt Gold Bunny. I know I shouldn't be loving them as much as I do, but man, have I got a sweet tooth these days...
- Loving the sunshine that is extending on into the evenings now. I really don't mind the shorter, dark days of winter - really, I quite enjoy them - but it is nice to have brighter evenings back again. One of these days I'm gonna get my butt up and go for a walk after supper, I swear.
- I know I already mentioned The Mindy Project, but I really do love that show, and I was a little bit shattered when I came to the end of the episodes on Netflix on Saturday morning. I love Mindy's confidence and sense of humour, I adore her BFF Morgan, and I literally fell in love with Danny Castellano. Things didn't exactly leave off on a good note, though, and I'm dying to find out what happens next!
- I'm loving the new frying pan that the Easter Bunny left for me this past weekend! It is so pretty! My pots and pans and dishes are a rag-tag bunch of hand-me-downs, gifts from family and friends, or cheapies I've purchased myself over the years (the cruelty of never getting your own bridal shower. *sigh*) so it was nice to add a really good quality pan to my collection. So cool that I need little to no oil/butter in it too! Sweet!
- Did you guys see Wentworth Miller's response to the Internet meme about him that went viral this week thanks to the online group called The LAD Bible? Here's the link if you haven't seen it, but basically this Facebook group posted a photo comparison of the actor, one photo at the height of his Prison Break fame, looking all sexy-shmexy with the big body tattoo that was so pivotal to Season 1 of the show; and the other from 2010, after the show ended, and he had gained some weight and wasn't looking quite so hot. Of course, the Internets were having a hey-day with it, and I had seen it pop up in my newsfeed a few times, but I was so proud when I saw Wentworth Miller's eloquent, poignant reply to it. First of all, that a celebrity would take them to share his thoughts, to remind people that this kind of thing hurts, that everybody has feelings, including famous people, and that no amount of fame or money can stop depression or prevent one from being hurt by something like this. He reminded people to think before they speak and poke fun, to be mindful of others feelings, and to be kinder and more respectful of everyone, of all walks of life, because you don't know what it's like to walk in another's shoes. I have always had great respect for Wentworth Miller, but it grew ten-fold when I saw what he wrote. The world needs more people like him.
Well, I think that's all I've got for today! I hope you're all having a great Wednesday, and take a moment to look around for the things that you love :)