Let’s go a little random today, folks!
- I know I’ve mentioned a few times that I wanted to share my favourite summer reads list, and that was actually my plan for today’s post – but there’s just too much other stuff going on that I wanted to talk about today! Summer is long gone, so I guess when it finally does happen, it will be my “suggestions for books for your Christmas wishlist” list. haha!
- THE TORONTO FRIGGING BLUE JAYS!!! OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS!!! I admit it – I haven’t been a faithful baseball fan over the course of my years. I remember getting wound up in it all when I was a little kid and the Jays won the World Series in ‘92 & ‘93 (Wooo Joe Carter!!!). And I also really loved seeing a game live in TO a few years ago. But aside from that, I haven’t watched much ball. My mom is a faithful Jays fan, but not I. But seriously… how could you NOT jump on the bandwagon this season?? I started paying more attention when they got good this summer, and last night’s Game 5 do-or-die against the Texas Rangers had me – and the rest of the flippin’ country – on the edge of their seats last night! What a CRAZY game!!! I still can’t believe the things that happened during that game last night, especially during the 7th inning. I’m definitely in it now, and can’t wait for the next round to start! GO JAYS GO!!!
- Here’s the thing… for the first time in my life, it feels like everybody on my Facebook friends list is cheering for the same team. And it is SO much fun to see everyone getting behind them. So wouldn’t it be so much fun if we all cheered for the same hockey team, too? Wouldn’t it? Now that we’re all in agreement… I hereby officially declare the Ottawa Senators as the team we should all cheer for. That is now everyone’s favourite hockey team, OK? OK. GO SENS GO!!!! ;)
- One of the guys I work with just came in and asked if I was having a good day. And I was all smiley like, “Hell yeah!”, still glowing from the Jays win last night. And he was like, “You should be, you’re first in the hockey pool this morning.” And I had kind of forgotten that I was even IN a hockey pool. So I guess I better figure out how to check that…
- I’m still so frigging flipping happy that it is October. And that it doesn’t feel like it’s flying by at warp speed. Yes, the long Thanksgiving weekend went way too quickly, but otherwise, October is taking its jolly time, and I like it. Halloween is still over 2 weeks away, and there’s still lots of good things to come between now and then. I’m savouring this month. Loving every minute of it.
- I’m on a hunt today to find a new “fall soup” recipe. Something with squash or sweet potatoes, but isn’t too sweet – something with more of a savoury, spicy kick to it. Anyone have a recipe they want to share? What’s your favourite fall soup?
- CAR RALLY! It’s this Saturday, and I’m so excited. It’s one of my favourite days of the year. I’m interested to see how the day goes for my team and I. After winning 2 years ago, and having to do the route & questions last year, we swore we’d never even try to win again. (Putting that damn Rally together is a lot of stressful work, yo!) But I also know we are all competitive and like being right. It’s going to be a tricky balance on Saturday… can’t wait to see how it all plays out.
- I’m a little bit obsessed with the changing leaves around here, and taking pictures of them. It feels like we’re in the peak of it here this week, and no matter which window I look out of at work, I’m surrounded by red & golden fiery flaming gorgeous colour. I’ve been bringing my camera with me each day and snapping tons of pics. The Project 365 album is going to be a little heavy on the fall scenery pics this week…
- I’ve been following the Lamar Odom story this week, and I don’t even know why. I don’t even really know who he is, and I’m sure as hell not a fan of the Kardashians. But for some reason, this story is eating at me and making me very sad. I’ve even cried the past two mornings when Josie gives her Lamar update on “Josie & the City” on Hot 89.9. Just such a terribly sad thing, despite the ick factor of how and where he was found unconscious, and despite the Kardashian hype that surrounds the story. Sad on so many levels.
- With Thanksgiving over, I feel like I’ve finally got the green light to go ahead and get excited for Halloween. (like I wasn’t already). It’s finally almost time for Scary Movie Marathon and making plans for treats for Halloween day & night and starting to eat mini Halloween chocolate bars! Oh, wait… I might have already been doing that since October started. And I may have seriously depleted the candy stash by stress-eating my way through the game last night. When the chocolate ran out, I chewed on my finger instead. For real. I have bite marks on my fingers. I will have to replenish the stash when I go grocery shopping tonight. ;)
That’s all I’ve got for this Thursday folks! Hope you’re all having a great week :)