I’m a day late arriving at the “It’s OCTOBER!!!!” Party, but I don’t even care. I love this month. I love it sooo much. So yes, I have to do a post about how happy I am that it is finally here. Even if I am doing it on October 2nd instead of October 1st.
Everyone knows that Christmas is my absolute favourite time of year, but the month of October runs a serious close second, I do believe. There is sooo much to LOVE about October! Let’s run down the list, shall we?
- Pumpkin Spice and everything nice. Yes. I know it’s annoying, but I’m a Pumpkin Spice fanatic. I don’t even care how clichéd it all is. When I was leaving the house Tuesday morning, I found a bag hanging on my front door, and in it was a package of Pillsbury Pumpkin cookies with cream cheese flavoured white chips in them. Oh. my. God. These are my heaven! I spent all week wondering who my Pumpkin Spice Fairy was, and found the answer this morning on Stacy’s blog. I had a feeling it was her!! Thank you soooo much for the treats, Stace! You are too good to me!! (Stacy’s sister Shannon gave me a package of Starbucks via Pumpkin Spice Lattes a few weeks ago… the Johnston girls looking out for me and my PS fetish! Love it!!)
- Coziness. I know there are people in this world who would die to be able to wear shorts and flip flops and tanks all the time. I am not really one of them. I love legging and boots and big cozy sweaters and scarves and wool socks. I’ve grown to despise frigid air conditioning. I like to be warm and cozy.
- Fall leaves. I love the colours. I love the earthy smell. I love the crunch beneath my feet. I have more bounce in my step when I go for walks this time of year, simply because I love being out enjoying the scenery and breathing in that deep rich smell. I’m hoping my mom and I can find a time in the coming weeks to go on our annual Fall Drive to see the beautiful colours in the hills of Ladysmith and surroundings!
- Thanks-freaking-giving!!!! Oh my gosh, Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEKEND!!! It has seriously crept up on me this year, I haven’t even had time to wrap my head around turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy and pumpkin pie!!! Oh. There. I just did it. Head is officially wrapped. *drool*
- Fall TV is back!!! I love having a PVR loaded back up with my favourite shows! Grey’s Anatomy, How to Get Away With Murder, The Big Bang Theory, Survivor… they’re all back, and I’m enjoying them so much! Also totally pumped that SNL is launching its 41st season this Saturday night. I’ve missed watching it on Sunday mornings with a nice big mug of coffee in hand (‘cause that’s how adults watch SNL, am I right?? ;) )
- Car Rally. It’s one of my favourite days of the year. Hard to believe, but one year ago I was stressed outta my tree because my team was in charge of organizing the route and questions. I’m so happy we get to just be regular rallyers this year! Can’t wait to be out scavenging around with Sara, Graham, Stacy & Ricky again!
- Birthday celebrations. OK, there are kind of b-day celebrations of some sort pretty much every month of the year, but I’m quite excited about the October ones. We have a girls night out planned for Sharon & Lindsay’s October birthdays next Friday night, and I think we’re going to a pub that I’m VERY excited about! Also, my nephew Caden turns 10 years old on the 14th. Did you hear that? Ten. TEN!!!! This can’t be real…he can’t be that old already?!?! Either way, I love birthdays and can’t wait to celebrate the boy who first made me an auntie :)
- Scary Movie Marathon. I know… I got excited about this one way too early, because I think I posted about in August. ha! It’s odd, I’m not normally a scary movie lover, but come October, I’m all like, “BRING ‘EM ON, BITCH!!!”
- Halloween. Christmas might be my holiday, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love Halloween too! It’s on a Saturday this year. So cool. I’m not afraid to admit that I’ve already been thinking about what to have for a “fun supper” that night, and I’m already looking forward to seeing the kids in their costumes. Oh, and I may have bought my first bag of mini chocolate bars last night. Hey, it’s allowed. It’s October.
Yes, dudes. This is my time of year. I’m in love with it all. Gives me shivers of excitement just thinking about it!!
Still working on the Nova Scotia posts… hopefully next week!
Have a wonderful OCTOBER weekend, guys!!