Friday is here, and I’m definitely giving a cheer! It feels like it’s been a long week. Anyone else? I know I’ve talked about wanting to push the pause button on October and enjoying every last second of it, but this week was just a tad too long for my liking.
Glad it’s almost over.
Maybe it’s because I’ve got lots of fun stuff going on this weekend to look forward to. Always seems when there’s great things ahead, the days leading up to it drag by, am I right?
Here’s what I have on tap for this October weekend:
- Depending on what time I get home from work today, I might try out the new recipe I have for pumpkin butterscotch chip cookies. I’m dying to see how they turn out in comparison to the pumpkin chocolate chip “muffin top” flops I made last week!
- Tonight is Paint Nite!! My neighbor Shannon also happens to be a fabulous artist, and she is hosting her very first Paint Nite tonight! I’ve been hearing so much about Paint Nites in the city – people are raving about how much fun they are, and how nice the piece of art is that you get to take home with you at the end. So how could I resist participating when there is one being held literally across the road from me?! I can’t wait!!
- Of course, there is also a kinda important ball game going down tonight, so I’m crossing my fingers that Shannon will have a TV on so we can watch the Jays while we paint. I’m not sure watching a do-or-die baseball game will be conducive to creating beautiful art, but that’s the price I’m willing to pay for my Jays.
- Tomorrow morning, my intention is to get up early, and make my 5 lbs. of meatballs for our church’s Harvest Supper on Sunday, as well as a loaf of pumpkin bread and maybe a loaf of beer bread for the Harvest Basket they will be raffling off at the Supper.
- After lunch, I’ll be packing up and heading to Lindsay & Ryan’s for the rest of the day! Why? BECAUSE IT IS FINALLY SCARY MOVIE MARATHON DAY!!! WOO HOOOOO!!! I’ve been looking forward to this day since, like, August. We have three movies picked out to watch: Jaws, The Silence of the Lambs, and Pet Sematary. Our current plan is to watch one of them while Sam is having his afternoon nap. After that, I’m going to snap some family pics for them (fingers crossed that a little one-and-a-half-year-old dude co-operates haha!), we’ll have our yummy pizza party supper, and then watch the other two movies after Sam goes down for the night.
- Here’s the possible dilemma: WHEN the Jays win tonight, it means they will be playing tomorrow night at 8 PM. Which is right smack-dab in the middle of Scary Movie Marathon time. So the back-up plan has been made. We will still watch one of them in the afternoon and one after Sam goes to bed, and then axe the third one in favour of watching ball. Of course. Like anybody’s gonna be missing Game 7!!!! No, not even for Scary Movie Marathon!!!
- Sunday will be church, and then it’s Harvest Supper time! This is one of our church’s biggest fundraiser events, and more than that, it’s a wonderful opportunity to visit with friends and neighbours over a delicious turkey dinner with all the trimmings. I will be helping , as usual, as we’ll have all hands on deck serving food, clearing and re-setting places at the tables, serving tea and coffee, cutting pieces of pie, washing dishes, selling tickets, etc. It’s always a nice crowd, and I look forward to it every year.
And then it’s Halloween Week!! Eeeeeeee!!!!
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend J