Happy hot & steamy Tuesday, pals!
How about some Tuesday randoms…it’s too hot for anything else! ;)
- I say it’s too hot for anything else, but that’s a lie. I’m freezing right now. Heat advisory in effect outside, so that means the office AC is jacked way outta control. Absolutely frigid. brrrrr.
- Sarah & Ian got married on Saturday!! It was a wonderful day… Really, just a perfect day all around. Sarah had worked really hard, and all of the little details she put into making their day special weren’t lost on me. I enjoyed every moment, and was honoured to be standing beside her on the day she married her best friend!
- I didn’t want to be toting around my camera all day, so aside from a few snaps that I took of us getting ready in the morning, the only pictures I’ve seen are the photographer’s sneak peeks (AMAZING!!) and the photo booth pictures (HILARIOUS!!)… now I’m dying to see the rest of the photographer’s shots, and regretting not using my own camera more during the day. I should have had it with me instead of leaving it in the back of the car! Frig!!
Photo credit to the fabulous Cindy Lottes Photography
Photo booth fun courtesy of Funtastic Photo Booth
- Lesson learned – I won’t make that mistake the day of Sue & Adam’s wedding!!
- Remember how excited I was for fall? Talking about scary movies and thinking about scarves and boots and making chili? Well, nothing kills the “fall buzz” more than a heat wave. I’m no longer dreaming about cozy sweaters and pots of soup. It’s back to the good ol’ BLT’s and ice cream and anything that does not require turning on the stove!
- Last night I made a plate of nachos in the microwave. I hadn’t done that in a really long time, and man, it was good. If I hadn’t used up the last of my nacho chips and cheese, I’d be having it for supper again tonight.
- I have this little dream in my head these days… I really want to be one of those artsy fartsy people who just “be creative” all the time. I want to be a photographer and a writer and an artist – and do it on my own terms. Free-lance, I guess you call that? I mean, writing has always been the main dream, but I never feel like I have time to make any headway when it comes to writing a novel. If all I had to do was wake up in the morning and be creative, then maybe I’d get something done! And now that I have the camera, I want to maximize that potential as well. I’m just not sure how such artsy fartsy people pay the bills… Until I figure that part out, I guess it will just have to remain a dream.
- That being said, I want to spend my year of “sabbatical” dedicating more time to hobbies – to doing things that I love, like writing, and taking pictures, playing guitar, and maybe finally dabbing in painting, which is something I’ve always thought I could be good at. I’ve been saying for months now that once this summer was over, I wanted to take a year to do what I enjoy most and be good to myself, and I think one way to do that is to spend more quality time developing my hobbies.
- Another project that I want to focus on in the coming year: somehow getting Netflix into my life. I still do not have Internet in my home (I know…Stone Ages) – I’ve always just made do by using it at work and at my Mom’s – but I really want Netflix, and in order to get Netflix, I need to get Internet. I feel like I’m missing out on so many movies and TV shows simply because I don’t have a cheap way of watching them. Movies and TV are a big part of my life… I NEED a better way of accessing them!!!
Well, I think that’s it for today, folks! Hope you’re all staying cool (because I sure as hell am! haha!)