Good morning, folks. How about some randoms on the dreary Tuesday?
- I’m exactly one week away from 32. ugh. There is nothing cool about 32. Especially not when you’re in the stage of the game that I’m in. The single and child-less stage. This is the stage when people really start telling you you’re kind of too old to be “waiting”. Waiting for the right guy, waiting for the right time to have children… But wait I must. Ugh. Stupid 32.
- I say “stupid 32”, and yet I’m a firm believer that age is just a number, and having a birthday is better than not having a birthday, so… whatever. Bring it, 32. Just bring it.
- On to happier things… I may be a week from 32, but I’m also LESS than a week from holiday time! Only a few more days, in fact! Woo hoo!
- Getting up early in the morning to work out is so much easier when there’s something to be excited about. For instance, this week, my alarm goes off at 5:40, and I lie there feeling pissed off for a few seconds – how dare you go off, alarm… how dare you! – but then I remember. Ah. Only a few more days until vacation. And then I hop out of bed as if it were Christmas morning. (well, not quite… but almost)
- It has definitely reached that point in the summer when I’m craving down time… time away from the office, time away from the daily grind and routine. It happens every summer. That little break becomes very important.
- I can’t wait to be at the camp. To look out at the river, relax with a book in my lap and a drink in my hand, to take a deep breath and soak up the peace and tranquility. (as much peace and tranquility as one can find with a 9-year-old and 6-year-old running around, of course.)
- I also can’t wait for camp food. I know, I know… I’m supposed to be concentrating on NOT eating everything in sight, and working on making sure I still fit into those bridesmaid dresses… and yet I find myself fantasizing about camp food. There’s just something so delicious about it, I can’t even explain it. Corn on the cob, burgers and dogs, chips and treats, s’mores, Jiffy pop… mmmm… I can’t wait.
- You know what else I can’t wait for at the camp? NO air conditioning. The office is exceptionally cold today. brrrrr. I know I’ll be dying to be back in the luxurious AC after a few days there (it can get uncomfortable sleeping at night, especially), but right now I’m anxious for warmth & heat.
- Trying to find something else to talk about… Oh! I was a little bit sad to hear the Blake & Miranda split news yesterday. Not entirely shocked, but… still, a bit sad. I’m a fan of both of them, and thought they were a spunky fun couple.
- A chunk of my vacation will be at the camp, but I’m also looking forward to other things when we come back – maybe going to the movies, maybe a supper or two out, a pool party with friends, hopefully a bit of shopping… I’m so looking forward to whatever the week brings.
- I also love kicking off my vacation with the annual company golf tournament. It has coincided nicely with my holidays for the past several years… getting to leave early Friday afternoon to head to Mickey Creek for a few drinks and a yummy meal, listen to the guys from work jam with their guitars, banjos, fiddles, mandolins… it’s always a good time, and puts me in a celebratory mood.
Ready to get this vacation rollin’… can ya tell? ;)