I know it’s only Wednesday, but I’m going to go ahead and declare this a shitty week. A really shitty week.
And what do I usually do during shitty weeks? Well, I take a moment to look around for things that make me smile. To hold a little tighter to the things I love, the things that brighten my day. Thankfully, I have plenty of those things.
Here we go with another edition of What I’m Loving Wednesday…
- I’m loving Fall. So, so, so loving it, you guys, and I know it’s not even “officially” here yet. The chill in the air, the cool breeze, the leaves just starting to turn colour… I haven’t even minded the rainy, dreary days we’ve had over the past week. It’s that time of year when I get to hunker down, make soup, get cozy. I love it.
- I love the pasta dish I had at dinner on Saturday night… so much so, that I’m already plotting my return to that restaurant so that I can have it again. It was an Italian place called Ambrosia, and I got their specialty dish, Spaghetti Ambrosia. It was fresh pasta tossed in olive oil and garlic, with spinach and roasted red peppers, salty pieces of prosciutto, and a big creamy mound of goat cheese on top of it. Sounds simple enough, but my attempts to re-create it in the kitchen last night were a sad failure…
- I’m loving comfort food. I know I’ve talked incessantly about getting myself back on the wagon, making healthier choices, and fitting back into my pants again… but some weeks just call for comfort food, y’know? On Monday, the shittiest of days, I self-soothed with Cool Ranch Doritos and a bag of Swedish Berries. And I’m not apologizing for it. ‘Cause some days? Some days, you just need it.
- I’m loving Big Brother. (and trying not to think about the fact that it’s almost over!!)
- I’m also loving Derrick. So.frigging.much.
- I’m loving this song:
- I’m loving old movies. This week, it was Ghost. On a rainy evening, there was nothing more comforting that cozying up on the couch with my favourite quilt and slipping into a make-believe world where Patrick Swayze is still alive (and yet, not really, because he was a ghost, of course), tormenting Whoopi Goldberg, and saying “Ditto” to Demi Moore.
- Despite the on-going food-related issues, I am still working out, and I am still loving PiYo. At least I’ve got that going for me.
- I’m also loving the Yonanas machine that I was recently gifted. Only problem? The bananas I bought last Friday night to freeze haven’t hit that over ripe “cheetah spotted” stage they need to be at for me to freeze them. Why is it any other time they seem to get over-ripe way too fast, but this week, they’re staying lovely and yellow, not a spot in sight? *sigh*
- I’m loving the sounds of this Creamy Tomato Soup with Homemade Cashew Cream that my coach Jared posted on Facebook – and I’m dying to try it out! It just might be my first Fall kitchen adventure!
- I love that I’m going to get some shopping done on Saturday. I have a birthday gift card to H&M, and a few items I have my eye on at Old Navy, to complete my fall wardrobe. Nothing helps you get through a shitty week more than the promise of retail therapy… Grey jeans, here I come.
Hope you’re all surrounded by things you love and people making you smile, even on the shittiest of days. XO