Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday… Let’s confess!

Ahhhhh Friday! My favourite day of the week! And also, coincidentally, the perfect day to make some confessions…

I confess… that I’m sort of dreading this weekend. Not because it’s not full of fun things – it IS – but because I’ve given myself the challenge of getting through the next few days without gaining weight. Not one ounce. Doesn’t sound too difficult to you? Well, it does to me. I haven’t made it through a weekend unscathed in the past few months, and those weekend pounds seem to be sticking. Unfortunately for me, all of the “fun” parts of this coming weekend revolve around food. Dining out twice on Saturday, and a family birthday celebration on Sunday. It’s going to be tough.

I confess… that a very big part of me wants to give myself another one of those “weekend passes” that I’ve been handing myself far too often lately. I can’t keep doing it. Those “weekend passes” are killing me.

I confess… I always say that food makes me happy, but truth is, my pants fitting me makes me even more happy. I need to keep repeating that to myself all weekend long.

I confess… that – speaking of pants – I really want a pair of grey jeans. I’ve seen them on Old Navy’s website. They are my only one true fall wardrobe desire!

grey jeans

I confess… that while I feel sorry for all the people in Calgary who have had snow dumped on them this week in this freak summer snowstorm, there is a little part of me deep inside that is secretly jealous. I want to be the victim of a freak summer snowstorm!!!

snow calgary summer 2014

I confess… I don’t know what I’m going to do once Big Brother is over. There are only two weeks left to go, and I’m going to feel a bit lost once it’s done.

big brother cast 2014

I confess… that I’ve actually been “saving” some of the BB episodes on my PVR, just in case I go through withdrawals. All summer, I’ve been watching and deleting, but lately, I’ve been saving some of my favourite episodes because I honestly can’t imagine life without Derrick, Cody, Caleb, and even Frankie… I might need to re-visit them once in a while.

bb16

I confess… that absolutely, positively one of my favourite episodes ever was this week when Derrick and Frankie unleashed a fake mouse/rat on the house, via a Team America mission, and in turn, we discovered the biggest scaredy-cat in the house is Cody. Watching him leap onto a stool, and hop from chair to chair while screaming out the other guys to keep searching and catch it was…well… priceless.

bb 16 mouse hunt

Alright, folks. That’s it for today! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :)

7 comments:

Amanda said...

omg.. I was giggling so much during that episode too... it was a great one!

Stacy said...

they couldn't have played that mission any better...good thing for Frankie, he was hilarious...and Cody scared was good too!

VandyJ said...

I have gray jeans and they are great for those days when you don't want jeans, but also aren't into khakis.
Hope your weekend goal is achievable, you can do it!

Mrs. Match said...

I'm super jealous of their summer snowstorm! I'm over here sweating and wishing for those crisp fall days. Sigh. I really wish it would cool down here!
You're going to do great this weekend!

Nicole said...

Yeah weekends are the hardest to be good when it comes to eating. You'll do great though, I have faith in you! You're awesome

Anonymous said...

I'm not looking forward to my weekend for similar reasons - it's full of things. Though I love doing things, it's hard sometimes.

Leigh said...

I live in Calgary and you really don't want the snow! I'll be sending it directly to you the next bit we get ;) have a great weekend!