Happy Wednesday, friends! Let’s ramble on…
- I’m starting to wonder if it’s ever going to warm up around here. The snow is going, slowly but surely, and the sun is shining brightly today, but it still feels so cold… I dream of going for a walk without a coat and toque!!
- Ah, who am I kidding. There is no room in my life for other dreams. And by other dreams, I mean any dream that does not involve sugar. Or peanut butter. Or honey. I have been consumed by the sugary desserty chocolatey peanutbutterandhoneyey dreams.
- Pleased, though, that I’ve now gone two and almost a half days without the PB&honey. So far, so good!
- I mentioned that I bought all my Easter candy last weekend, and then received more in the “egging” that took place at my house last Sunday. So, where are all of these treats, you ask? How am I resisting them? They are hidden. Double-bagged, with knots tied, and stowed away in a closet, upstairs, out of sight. That is the only way I can trust myself to stay away. When things are out of sight, I can usually keep ‘em out of mind.
- I’ve got a busy weekend on deck. An eye appointment Friday afternoon, Book Club Friday evening, Canada Day Committee Poker Tournament on Saturday, and Palm Sunday, as well as celebrating my mom’s birthday on Sunday. Wooo! Gonna keep me on my toes, but I’m looking forward to it!
- THE SIGN IS GONE! THE SIGN IS GONE!! WOOOO HOOOOO!! As my fellow Quebecers – and probably most Canadian friends – know, we had a big election in my home province this past Monday. About a month ago, the political party that I despise the MOST posted one of their electoral signs pretty much right outside my house. I have scowled at it for weeks. In fact, I threatened many times to take it down, but my mom insisted I wasn’t allowed to touch it – apparently it’s a criminal offence to tamper with electoral signs. It really stuck in my craw that it was there, though, and especially so close to a church (right next door to me). Didn’t seem right. Tacky & tasteless. In any case… that political party, the Parti Quebecois, which held a minority government going into this election, went down in flames BIG time, as we elected a majority Liberal government, and it was with great delight that I discovered this morning that their sign had been removed sometime during the night. We can all rest easily again, my friends!!
- I am so super-excited for Easter this year. With it being so late, and combined with no-sugar-Lent, it feels like I’ve been waiting forever for it to arrive. On Good Friday after church, I plan on taking my niece and nephew to a matinee movie, and then have them over for a sleepover. I’m planning on baking some Easter treats with them either Friday evening or Saturday morning, and taking them to rent a movie at the store, as well as to buy some snacks for a little movie night, too. I doubt they are as excited for this as I am! haha! Then, after they leave on Saturday, I’ll have the rest of the day to prep food for our Easter dinner on Sunday. I can’t wait!
- It’s all going to be lots of fun, but the part I can’t wait for the most is the Easter Eggs. Lord, what I’d give for a peanut butter Easter Egg RIGHT.NOW.
- I’ve been planning Easter dinner in my head for weeks. My menu has changed many times, but after discussing it with my mom (and, in turn, her discussing it with my sister), we have settled on ham, meatballs, scalloped potatoes, baked beans, salads, buns, pickles & cheese, and yet-to-be-determined dessert (although I’m still rooting for Hummingbird Cake). Drooling. A month ago, I was fighting for turkey dinner, but as the long winter dragged on, I eventually completely lost my appetite for turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes with gravy. That screams “CHRISTMAS” to me right now. And even though Christmas is my favourite time of year… I’m dying for “spring” tastes right now!!
- I was sad to hear that one of my favourite Ottawa Valley restaurants went up in flames earlier this week. It was almost one year ago that we took my mom to TOSH in Arnprior for a huge family gathering and celebration in honour of her & my cousin Dave’s birthdays. I haven’t been back since, and unfortunately, it looks like I won’t be for some time due to the catastrophic damage. I hope the owners are able to rebuild, as it was one of the nicest places in our area.
- And now, because it’s sunny out & I’m feeling upbeat, here are a few of my current fave tunes:
“Shake” by Walk Off The Earth
“Not a Bad Thing” by Justin Timberlake (yes, purposely chose the vid from his performance on Jimmy!!!)
“Higher” by Classified ft. B.o.B.
“Wild Wild Love” by Pitbull ft. G.R.L.
Hope you’re all enjoying a wonderful Wednesday!! :)