Here’s just a few of the random thoughts spinning around my ol’ noggin this Thursday morning…
- I am not a morning person. Anyone who knows me, KNOWS that I am not a morning person. I never leap from my bed when the alarm goes off with a smile on my face and cheerily hippity-hop off to the shower. Not even on my bestest, most happiest days. But these past two weeks? Crawling out of my warm snuggly bed to face the deep-freeze temperatures? Not cool, Mother Nature. You have made me hate mornings even more.
- This morning, for whatever reason, seemed exceptionally difficult. Maybe because I know it’s going to be the last one for a while, as the temps are to warm up a bit over the next few days (you know it’s been cold when you’re excited for –5!!). I soooo did not want to go out to warm up my car. It made me extra-crusty.
- So I cheered myself up by going to my Amazon Wishlist and selecting a few DVD’s that were on sale. Ah, on-line shopping. You do make me smile!
- I’m finally into a book. It’s been so long since I became immersed in a story and didn’t want to put it down. Thank you, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest. I knew you would be my literary saving grace.
- I have to say, I get hungry a lot while I’m reading this particular book. I’ve noticed this author likes to have his characters make coffee and sandwiches a lot. Not much more description than that, but it pops up often. Must be a Swedish thing. “He rolled out of bed and immediately made himself coffee and sandwiches.” “She went down the street to the little cafe and ordered coffee and sandwiches.” “The first thing he did when he got home was turn on the coffee maker and make himself a sandwich.” Why does this appeal to me? I have no idea. I don’t even really like ambiguous ‘sandwiches’.
- I didn’t tell you guys yet about the marvelous thing I did last Saturday. I went sliding. OK. So… pretty normal Canadian Winter thing to do, but I haven’t been sliding in years. Partly because I don’t own snow pants, and partly because I really never enjoyed sliding. As a kid, I was the one who trudged to the hill in a too-tight snowsuit, went down the hill once, and then sat at the bottom and refused to exert the energy it took to climb back up the hill. So I’d sit there and get cold and mad and wait for the time when everyone wanted to go back home so I could have hot chocolate. But this past Saturday, I borrowed a pair of snow pants from a friend, and I was determined to go sliding. And it was so.much.fun. I had tons of energy, and even though we weren’t out there long, I never had trouble getting back up the hill. I felt like I could’ve stayed out there all day long. I felt totally energized and youthful. I want to go sliding again this weekend!
- Speaking of this weekend… It’s the SUPERBOWL!! Which means YUMMY FOOD!! I’m allll about the Superbowl snacks, folks. Who’s playing in the big game? Not sure. But I DO know I’m going shopping tomorrow and I’m going to be picking up some yummy treats for while I wait for the half-time show! ;) I’m feeling the guac and queso and nacho chips, I think…
- That’s not true. I DO know who is playing now. Because Jimmy Fallon is keeping me up with current events. So thanks to Jimmy Fallon, I know that it’s Seattle vs. Denver.
- I don’t think I’ve talked about Jimmy Fallon at all this week. He’s still my boy du jour. I so look forward to coming home each night, getting my workout in, and then watching my PVR’d episode from the night before. J’adore Jimmy.
- I think I’m going to have a mini movie marathon on Saturday. I keep talking about having my “Old School Movie Marathon”, in which I watch all of these old favourite movies from my youth and eat junk food, and I was targeting Valentine’s Day-ish to do so. But I’ve come to the realization that I have way too many movies on my list to watch in just one day, so I’m going to watch a few of them on Saturday. Just no junk food (it’s not reward time yet). I’ll put on a pot of soup instead.
- Oh, pots of soup. They have become a source of joy for me this winter. I’ve made several different recipes over the past few weeks, with my ultimate favourite being Lindsay’s Potato Leek recipe. She just gave me a recipe for Sweet Potato soup yesterday, so that’s the next one I’m going to try! I also have on my list to try Dill Pickle Soup – no idea if it will be any good, but I’m intrigued!
- And now, I must briefly address the current state of crazy chaos that is Justin Bieber. I’ve had a few people ask me if I’m still a Belieber. I’m not honestly sure how to answer that. I’m not happy with Justin. And I certainly don’t condone his recent behaviour. But I also kind of feel sorry for him. He’s obviously surrounded himself with the wrong people, and he’s no longer that sweet innocent kid with talent that I once so respected and enjoyed. It’s like all of my worst Bieber fears have come true… I think I kind of always knew this would happen to him, as I look back on the letter I once wrote him. I told Justin to stay grounded and keep looking to his mom and grandparents to keep him down-to-earth; I begged him to not let the industry break him. I’m afraid Justin somehow missed that open letter I wrote to him… *sigh* I want my “Imma Be Under the Mistletoe” Bieber back again.
And… I think that’s enough random thoughts for this Thursday. Have a great day, guys!!