Here we go with some randoms for this Tuesday morning…
- I had a very successful shopping trip with my momma last Friday. I got a new DVD player to replace the one that went on the fritz back before Christmas, I got a heater for under my desk at work so I won’t be freezing anymore, I got hand weights that I needed for my workouts… but best of all, I got a pair of jeans at American Eagle which are TEN SIZES SMALLER than the pair I was wearing one year ago. Can you say… ecstatic????
- I admit that when I woke up Saturday morning, the day seemed to stretch out too long before me. The weather was kind of crazy, so I’d axed my plans to go to the movies solo. It was looking like a long day ahead of watching TV/movies, working on a puzzle, maybe some scrapbooking, reading… which I normally look forward to, but on this day, I felt antsy. Luckily, it didn’t last long! My friend Stacy texted me to see if I wanted to join her & Ricky and a group of their family/friends for dinner out and a trip to the Casino. I’m so grateful that I have friends who don’t mind me 3rd-wheeling it with them! (or, in this case, I was actually the 9th wheel. lol) Thank you Stace & Ricky for letting me tag along!
- Dinner was at The Baton Rouge, and so I strayed from my meal plan that night… but it was so worth it. I had the Louisiana Chicken Sandwich with sweet potato fries, and they were the best sweet potato fries I’ve ever had! I’d go back anytime just for them.
- I couldn’t believe the Casino offered free coffee & pop to patrons. And I also couldn’t believe how good the coffee was. (yes, I had coffee at the Casino. old lady in da houuuuse.) I didn’t play at all while I was there, but I had fun watching the others, and just people-watching in general. But the next time I go… I’m going to limit myself to $20 and actually play some machines!
- I’m not really one for award shows, but I always try to catch the Golden Globes. I love the party atmosphere that surrounds the event – the fact that many of the celebs are drunk by the time they start and they can’t get them to settle down and be quiet after coming back from commercial breaks always makes me giggle… oh, and Tina Fey & Amy Poehler are HILARIOUS.
- I admit, though, that I felt fairly un-sophisticated watching them on Sunday night. I haven’t seen any of the movies, barely any of the TV shows, I got sad when Sheldon Cooper didn’t win in his category, and the highlights of my night included any moment that Jimmy Fallon was on-screen.
- I’m trying out a new recipe I found on-line for Easy Tomato Cheddar Basil Soup. It sounds rich and creamy, but uses only reduced fat cheese, and a cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt. I hope it tastes as good as I think it will… if it’s a success, I’m making it for our church’s soup & sandwich lunch fundraiser next week!
- I also hope it reminds me nothing of the homemade tomato soup I made last year. It was good – don’t get me wrong – but shortly after making it, I had a wicked migraine that made my stomach turn, and I now associate that with the smell of that tomato soup. Please please please let this one be different.
- My latest addiction: Grapefruit. Why? Because my Les Mills Combat “Eat Right for the Fight” guide recommends eating half a grapefruit 10 minutes before a meal, so I picked a few up last week. I’ve always claimed that I wasn’t a big fan of grapefruit, but for some reason, they are sure hitting the spot these days! Yum!! I haven’t been eating half of one before every meal, by any means, but I’m trying to get in half a day, and so far, enjoying them immensely!
- Have I mentioned lately how much I adore Jimmy Fallon? Like, just went and added Fever Pitch to my Amazon Wishlist, because I need more Jimmy in my life.
- I’ve been thinking again of having my “Old-School Movie Marathon” that I promised myself a few months back. The idea was to watch a line-up of old favourite movies from when I was a kid, and treat myself to junky food that I try to stay away from now. Chips and dip, peanut M&M’s, Mountain Dew… you get the drift. But Halloween and Christmas got in the way – they both offered so many treats on their own, I couldn’t add another whole day like that to the mix. But I’d like to do it sometime in the next few months, while I’m still off on Fridays and Mondays. I’m thinking I might schedule it in for around V-day (my least favourite day of the year) – if I can stay on point with my eating and exercising until then, I think I’ll deserve a reward by then, don’t you think?? My very own Barf Day treat to myself!! I like it!!
Happy Random Tuesday, friends!
Linking up with Stacy Uncorked!! :)