Happy Wednesday, friends!
There’s so much to look forward to in the days ahead, starting with Cowan’s graduation tonight, and then heading into the long weekend with a family reunion and Canada Day celebrations… But first, a little Wednesday Q&A to distract me! haha!
1. What are a few things on your bucket list that you hope to accomplish this year?
2. What would you rather have, a short order cook or a maid?
3. Are there any projects you hope to do this summer?
4. What do you want your next big purchase to be?
5. Why did you start blogging?
1. What are a few things on your bucket list that you hope to accomplish this year? Funny you should ask! I’ve had a 101 List that I’ve been slowly chipping away at for the past few years, and my 1001 days is almost up (on June 28th). But there are still a lot of things on that list that I haven’t accomplished that I’d still like to do – so despite the looming “deadline”, I’m going to keep working on it in the days, weeks, & months ahead – simple little things like “go to a museum”, “read Wuthering Heights”, “write a song and play it on my guitar”, “spend a day being a tourist in Ottawa”, and “order something whacky off the menu at The Works.” Nothing big, but things that I’ve just always wanted to do.
2. What would you rather have, a short order cook or a maid? I’ll take the maid, any day, any time. House cleaning is not a chore I enjoy, and I put it off usually for as long as possible. Not even a doubt in my mind, the maid would be my choice.
3. Are there any projects you hope to do this summer? I suppose the biggest one I have on my mind is to muck through the house, and hopefully get it ready to paint by fall. I can’t believe how much my junk has overtaken every nook & cranny! I’ve been wanting to paint my bare old white walls ever since I moved in to this place, but there needs to be some serious purging and cleaning done first. That’s one project I’ll be working on.
4. What do you want your next big purchase to be? Ohhh how I want a new TV! And a new dish! With a PVR!! Maybe even a Blu-Ray player!!! A new entertainment system. It’s been on the wishlist forever. Maybe someday I’ll get enough cash saved up… *sigh*
5. Why did you start blogging? I’ve always loved writing. I used to write all the time, always coming up with ideas and working on “my next novel”. I never got very far with any of them, but at least I was writing. And then I reached a time in my life when I just wasn’t doing it anymore. I missed it. I decided to start blogging in 2006 just to have a space to write, about the things I cared about. Like an on-line journal. That was back before I had any followers, or even knew there was a blogging “community” out there; before I knew anything about link-ups, or got any comments from anyone who wasn’t already a friend or family member I knew in real life. It all just started with the desire to write!