I’m not really one for resolutions. I kind of make the same one every year.
How boring. And predictable. And typical.
So frig the resolutions, you guys already know that I’m in the midst of that battle.
There are things I’d like to see happen in 2012. It’s a new year, and it’s fun to look ahead and think, I’d like to see that happen in 2012.
So, like my Christmas Wish List, things might get a little crazy here. Okay, maybe really crazy.
But just go with it. Use your imaginations.
1. I’m fresh off seeing the flick New Year’s Eve, so this one is the first that comes to mind. But Ashton Kutcher needs to cut his damn hair and get rid of the beard, if he hasn’t already.
That’s enough looking like a scruffy bum, Ashton. Back to your sexy self, please.
2. I’m dreaming of new wheels. My car is old. It’s a 1997 Rav 4 that looks a lot like this:
And you know what? It has served me well. I bought it second-hand from my aunt & uncle in 2004, and for the past 8 years, it has been almost trouble-free. I will probably never own another vehicle that treats me as well as this one has.
That being said…It’s time. My goal for the next few months is to whittle away the bit of debt I have left and use my line of credit as a down payment on a new car. Hopefully in the Spring/Summer.
3. As I mentioned yesterday, I’ve been spending a lot of time with the Salvatore Brothers. And 2011 was a big year for Edward Cullen and I. I also spent some time with the True Blood vamps.
So in 2012, I want to meet a vampire. I’m starting to think they might really be out there.
4. Sure. While we’re at it, throw in a couple of werewolves too.
(I have no idea who Alcide is, but I’m figuring I’ll probably run into him somewhere along the way.)
5. In 2012, I need to move out of the Dark Ages and get a PVR. I mean, this is ridiculous. I used to have to go to my mom’s to set the VCR if I was going to miss a show, and now her TV in the basement isn’t working, so I don’t even have ancient recording capabilities anymore.
I had a little meltdown about this on the weekend, when my mom was pressing me as to why I’d want to waste money on a PVR. My meltdown went something like this: “BECAUSE, Mom! If I have something on in the evenings and I have to miss a show, then I NEVER GET TO SEE IT!!! Unless I watch it on the Internet, but that’s hard too because I don’t have Internet at my house!! Bad enough that I used to have to run around finding a VCR, and now I don’t even have THAT!! AGHHHHH!!!”
My meltdown was met with unsympathetic rolls of the eyes. Yeah, I know. First-World Problems, right.
But I need a PVR in 2012.
6. I’m thinking it would be great if I could somehow lure Chris Neil away from his wife & children in 2012 so that he could finally be my real boyfriend instead of my pretend boyfriend.
I’M JUST KIDDING MOM!!!!
7. This year, I’d like to finally find out who these people are and why the hell they’re famous.
Seriously. What did the Kardashians do to become so flippin’ famous?!
I just don’t get it.
8. 2012 is the year when I’m finally going to write something.
Other than a blog post.
I just need to be struck by that one great storyline. The one that’s going to transform me into a real-life writer.
Something that hasn’t already been done.
It’s more difficult than it sounds.
But I think I can make it happen.
9. In 2012, I want to somehow become Suzy Homemaker. I want to learn how to knit and crochet and sew and quilt. I want to try out new and adventurous recipes. I want to learn to bake and decorate cakes. I want to be more crafty.
Might be reaching here. But yeah. I want to try.
10. And…and…I wanna lose another 50 lbs.
But what else is new?