Last week, while I was on a self-imposed I’m-on-holidays-so-I’m-ignoring-the-blog break, I DID get a little note from Lena at Mom2MemphisAndRuby to let me know she was playing a game of Tag, and I was IT!!
I just can’t turn down a good game of tag. ;)
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you are reading this." Legitimately tag 11 people!!
Random Stuff About Me
- I don’t even think about cookies when they’re stored in the freezer in the basement. But where they’re upstairs, in the cookie jar? I can’t seem to think about anything.else.
- I have recently become a BIG fan of Tetley Rooibos Vanilla tea.
- I still sleep with a giant stuffed dog that I got for Christmas at least 10 years ago. His name is Zwillian.
- I print off recipes that I find on-line, take them home, file them away, and hardly ever make any of them.
- I always say Spaghetti is my favourite food, but the truth is, I would never order it in a restaurant because it always pales in comparison to Mom’s. So, MOM’S Spaghetti is my favourite food. And she would tell you she does nothing special. Go figure.
- I thought Twilight, The Hunger Games, and The Vampire Diaries were all hooey, and would’ve told anyone in the world that I would never, ever like them. And now I love them all.
- Can’t say the same for Harry Potter, though. That’s one bandwagon I just could never get on, no matter how hard I tried.
- I lost my favourite ring two weeks before Christmas, but somehow had this feeling that it wasn’t lost forever. I didn’t even really worry about it; I just knew it would turn up. You should’ve seen the “I knew it” smile on my face when I slipped my hand into the pocket of my old grey hoodie one evening last week and pulled it out. I have no idea how it got there.
- I voted 150 times for Ottawa Senators players to make it to the NHL All-Star game this year. 30 times per email address, 5 email addresses. I’m sure some people voted more than me, but I felt pretty dedicated. We’ll find out today if our hard work paid off!
- I’m currently obsessed with Scentsy.
- I’ve spent more money in the past year on nail polish than I ever have before in my life.
Questions From Lena
1. What was your favorite holiday memory this year? As it is almost every year, The Coconut Song on Christmas Eve at Patti & Randy’s. Followed closely by Silent Night at church played by Rolly and Jared on guitar, and Christmas morning hearing my nephew whisper, “There are some HUGE presents!” when he first saw what Santa had left beneath the tree.
2. If you could meet one person, dead or alive, who would it be & why? I think it would’ve been really cool to meet Elvis. He’s my parents’ favourite singer, and we heard a lot of him growing up. I didn’t develop a true appreciation for him until my late teens, but since then, I’ve read up enough to think it would’ve been really fun (maybe a little scary?) to sit and have a conversation with The King. (After seeing him perform live, of course.)
3. What's your favorite fast food/ take-out order? When it comes to fast food, I’m a Mickey D’s girl. Love me my Big Mac.
4. What is your worst habit? Picking my lips. It’s been a nervous habit since I was a kid, and most of the time, I don’t even realize I’m doing it.
5. What is your least favorite household chore? Unloading the dishwasher. If I can, I leave it full of clean dishes for days…
6. What is the last thing you bought for yourself? The Vampire Diaries Season 2 on DVD.
7. If you could change your name... what would it be? I used to think I wanted to be called Allison. But now I don’t think I’d change it. I don’t know too many Jillians. I love my name!
8. Have you ever had any supernatural encounters? No, I don’t think so - aside from a few little “signs” from family members that have passed on, and an amazing psychic reading. But as I mentioned yesterday, I would love to encounter a vampire…a nice one, like Stefan or Edward. :)
9. What is the ONE blog you MUST read every day? She doesn’t post every day, but I never, ever skip over anything from MODG. Guaranteed to be entertained. Check her out.
10. Share your favorite joke! Oh geez, I can’t remember jokes very well! I laugh at something, and then I forget! And I’m terrible for trying to tell a joke and then forgetting the punchline.
11. Best advice you've given or received about blogging is... I don’t think I’m really in a position to share advice since, after six years, I really don’t feel like I know the ropes when it comes to blogging. But the best advice I’ve received was to write about what I want and not try to copy anyone else’s style.
My Questions For You
- What is your one promise to yourself, or resolution for 2012?
- If you could be anybody in the world – celebrity, rock star, author, ANYONE – who would you be?
- What is your favourite recipe to make? (Please share how to make it, or link it up if it’s somewhere on the Internet!)
- Do you have a sport that you love to watch? If so, what is it and what’s your favourite team?
- If you could have the ability to expertly play any instrument in the world, what would you choose to play?
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you knew you could only have one last meal, what would you choose to eat? Your last supper, so to speak?
- Who is your hero, and why?
- If you could bring back any old TV show that no longer airs, which one would you bring back?
- You’re a superhero. What’s your power?
- Team Edward, Team Jacob, or screw that silly vampire crap?
The 11 People I've Tagged
- Jodie at Ramblings of a Fabulous Brunette
- Vandy J at The Testosterone Three And Me
- Nicole at Life’s A Beach
- Nay at Cover to Cover…And Everything In Between
- Beth at Living a Goddess Life
- Nathan at Life & Everything Else In Between
- Lindsay at A Small Town Kind of Life
- Shannon at Shannon’s Blog
- Stacy at Blogging with Stacy
- Stacie at Park Avenue
- Sharon at Sharon’s 101 List
TAG!! YOU’RE IT!! :)