Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Turning Over A New Leaf

I've decided to turn over a new leaf.

I'm 23 years old, and while I believe I have a fairly upbeat, bubbly personality, I'm generally unhappy with how I look, how I feel, and the way things seem to go for me.

However, it has come to my realization that I'm pretty much the one who has to take control and make the changes necessary to improve my appearance and my life.

So this is kind of like my New Years Resolutions in June - just a few steps away from happiness.

(I'll let you know in a few weeks how it's going...)

- I need to smile more. I've got creases in my forehead from scowling so much. And nobody likes a scowler.

- I should be more pleasant at work and not get so pissed off at the little things.

- I have to start eating healthier and exercising more. I used to do this, so I know it's possible. Time to shed that twenty pounds that has been dragging me down!

- I'm going for highlights in my hair in a few weeks, and I think I might even try wearing a little make-up. I've always kind of taken pride in the fact that I'm au naturel...Nothing artificial about me. But apparently boys like artificial, so I'm going to make some slight changes that hopefully get noticed... but nothing drastic.

- I need to be more positive about myself, and quit using myself as the butt of jokes when I'm trying to make people laugh. That's just stupid, I know it, so why do I keep doing it?

- I should try to be more friendly. I think I already am most of the time, but there are times when I feel backward, or awkward, and I admit that I might turn my head to avoid saying hi to someone, just 'cause I don't feel like being sociable. That's gonna change.

- I'm still young, and right now, it should be all about having fun. No need to grow up too quickly!!

- I'm going to try and stop being jealous, 'cause that just enhances a negative attitude. I'm not going to sulk when the pretty girls get the hot boys, or when I try to compare myself to other people my age and realize that I'm wayyyyy behind them in life. I'll get mine someday, when I'm least expecting it...or so they say!!

OK, so that's all I can think of right now. So we'll see how this turning a new leaf thing works out...Before you know it, I might be a new-and-improved Jill!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true about stuff happening when you least expect it. It happened to me! And I also think you should try going out with different people, even when you don't find them physically attractive. There's nothing that says you have to go out with them a second time if you didn't hit it off on the first date. And usually you fall in love with someone because of their personality, not how they look. The guy might be hot but also treat you like shit. And you might find a guy not so attractive, but get to know him and like who he is, and he will become more attractive to you. Maybe I've gone off topic a bit, but that's my advice to you!

Sarah said...

wow - thats a lot of changes. but just for the record I like ya the way you are :) But if these are changes that are going to make you feel better then I say go for it! Change is good and I agree you should stop making fun of yourself and I love the hair highlight idea - I mean your hair is perfect the way it is but highlights might give it an extra zing...

You made me think about changes I can do too... hmm really liked the blog today!

Jill said...

Hey ladies! Wow, I was surprised I got comments on today's blog...To be honest, I didn't know what to write about, and I've been thinking a lot about ways to improve myself...PK, your advice was good, and I know it's sooo true. I'm a sucker for the pretty boys, but I know you're right!! And Sarah, I think you're right too, the highlights will give me a different look...I don't know, maybe nothing's gonna help, but I've gotta try, right??

Glad you liked the Blog! I'm pretty sure the boys didn't even read past the first line though...lol...

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill, loved the re-invention blog, but like Sarah, I like you the way you are, but I am not one of your marrying prospects, so I probably don't count HA!

I can't wait for today to be over, I feel like I haven't stopped all week! And it's only Tuesday!

I have been trying to eat better and go biking, but I am afraid of the dogs... so it's little by little.

Great inspiration!

Jill said...

Well thanks for saying you guys like me the way I am...But you know that Sheryl Crow song, "A change would do you good"? - well that's kinda my theme song right now.

So far, I've done pretty well on the food thing today, no junk so far!

Glad I've inspired a few of you! :)

Anonymous said...

wow.

ps. glad to see the blog is still active.