I've decided to turn over a new leaf.
I'm 23 years old, and while I believe I have a fairly upbeat, bubbly personality, I'm generally unhappy with how I look, how I feel, and the way things seem to go for me.
However, it has come to my realization that I'm pretty much the one who has to take control and make the changes necessary to improve my appearance and my life.
So this is kind of like my New Years Resolutions in June - just a few steps away from happiness.
(I'll let you know in a few weeks how it's going...)
- I need to smile more. I've got creases in my forehead from scowling so much. And nobody likes a scowler.
- I should be more pleasant at work and not get so pissed off at the little things.
- I have to start eating healthier and exercising more. I used to do this, so I know it's possible. Time to shed that twenty pounds that has been dragging me down!
- I'm going for highlights in my hair in a few weeks, and I think I might even try wearing a little make-up. I've always kind of taken pride in the fact that I'm au naturel...Nothing artificial about me. But apparently boys like artificial, so I'm going to make some slight changes that hopefully get noticed... but nothing drastic.
- I need to be more positive about myself, and quit using myself as the butt of jokes when I'm trying to make people laugh. That's just stupid, I know it, so why do I keep doing it?
- I should try to be more friendly. I think I already am most of the time, but there are times when I feel backward, or awkward, and I admit that I might turn my head to avoid saying hi to someone, just 'cause I don't feel like being sociable. That's gonna change.
- I'm still young, and right now, it should be all about having fun. No need to grow up too quickly!!
- I'm going to try and stop being jealous, 'cause that just enhances a negative attitude. I'm not going to sulk when the pretty girls get the hot boys, or when I try to compare myself to other people my age and realize that I'm wayyyyy behind them in life. I'll get mine someday, when I'm least expecting it...or so they say!!
OK, so that's all I can think of right now. So we'll see how this turning a new leaf thing works out...Before you know it, I might be a new-and-improved Jill!