Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Twilight Zone

G'day, folks! Welcome to this edition of the Blog!

We'll kick things off with a re-cap of Grey's Anatomy - which was apparently the only show in the world that didn't take a "break" last week. We found ourselves amidst the after-math of the whole "Merdith-drowned-and-came-back-to-life-but-her-mom-died" story arc. Mer seems to be handling her near-death experience and her mother's passing quite well. She even agreed to have dinner with her estranged father and step-mother, who wanted to reach out to her in her time of grief. And yes, there were many awkward moments during the dinner (especially when her father described a photo of what he thought was his other daughter Molly, and Meredith interrupted, saying, "No, Dad, that was me.") But Meredith did seem to really connect with her father's second wife, and I think we'll see Meredith finally become a part of a "real family" in the future.

Alex moved in with Meredith & Izzie - and I still think he's just about THE hottest thing to ever breathe. He's making Izzie uncomfortable, so who knows - sparks could be flying for them again before we know it!

George & Callie had a huge fight, after she revealed to him that she's sitting on a gold mine, and that's how they're able to afford the luxurious hotel suite they've been staying at. Callie also threw out the idea that she thinks Izzie has the hots for her new husband, and that's why she's so dead-set against their marriage. This built up to the most heart-wrenching moment of the night for me: when George laughed at her and said, "Oh come on...She's Izzie! She's blonde, and she's stacked, she was a model!...She'd never be interested in me!" His words absolutely crushed Callie, and I totally related. George didn't mean to hurt her, but basically what he said was, "I can't get someone like Izzie, so I've settled for someone like you." So yeah, she was completely justified in kicking him out. I adore George, but that was just too mean!!

Unfortunately for Callie, the one George went to to vent was, in fact, Izzie. They drank together while she listened to him pour his heart out and offered him advice, despite her hatred for Callie, and before we know it, George & Izzie are in bed together. Yep, you heard right. George & Izzie. In bed together. I have no idea what's going to happen next...But I don't like Izzie & George together, so I hope they clean up that mess, and quickly!!

Oh, and Cristina's ex-boyfriend, who happens to be an old, ugly British guy, was in town, screwing things up with her & Burke, and also intensifying the race to become Chief. Poor old Richard had his Attendings fighting all over the halls of the surgical wing at Seattle Grace, and all of them trying to one-up each other and impress the new guy. The Chief wasn't pleased. I'm starting to wonder if the Chief will ever find a replacement! Can't wait to see what happens...

On to The Amazing Race. Or should I say, The Twilight Zone. Remember last week, how horrified I was that Rob & Amber were eliminated after they were beaten to the mat by Mirna & Schmirna?? Well, this week the Shrieky Cousins finished in first!! Unbelievable!! It was their first-ever "first place finish" on the Race, and I just hated them all the more!

This week I missed the first fifteen minutes, but I tuned in in time for the Roadblock, where one team member had to use a gigantic trained rat to find a buried flag marker. Most of the teams were initially freaked out by the massive rodents, but they never had to touch them, and they actually seemed kinda cute & cuddly! Mirna & Schmirna's rat didn't co-operate the best, and after the Roadblock, it appeared they were in dire straits.

However, thanks to some bad navigating by my boy Eric, a couple of teams got lost on the way to the Detour, where they had to choose between loading 10 bags with coal and delivering one bag to a local, or offering manicures to people in the market to accumulate a certain amount of money. Most teams chose to do the coal, and to be honest, I think I would have too - however, it turned out that the nail-painting was actually a very easy task, and those who chose it finished at the top of the pack. Sweetest moment of the night goes to Dustin & Kandice after they painted a cute little girl's nails, even though she had no money.

Eric & Danielle, who are my last remaining "favourite team", looked like they were in big trouble when they were last team left filling the bags of coal, but fortunately for them, Uchenna and Joyce got lost delivering their bag, and they even almost beat Team Guido (their new arch-nemesis) to the mat. Uchenna & Joyce did come in last, but Phil offered them a reprieve with the first non-elimination round, and they will be marked for elimination next week, so they must finish in first or suffer a 30-minute penalty.

So there's your recaps, folks! I hope everyone had a great St. Paddy's Day - Gavan's was crazy-fun, and I have some pics up on Facebook, so if you're on there, look me up and check 'em out!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Jill,
I also hate Mirna and Shmirna, I couldnt believe they came in first place sunday night, I just want to trip them and see them fall flat on their face! Im kinda routing for the gay latino guys.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill, I was quite mad when Rob and Amber lost and were booted from the race. I was going to protest and not watch it anymore... but I do still like Uchenna and Joyce... and that other team that is at war with the Guido's...

Jill said...

Yeah, I was quite mad too, Sharon! lol...the only teams I really dislike with a passion this year are Mirna & Schmirna (obviously), and the Guidos. They're very annoying, and very whiny. The fit they threw at Eric & Danielle over them "pretending" to pass them was more than ridiculous.

Sarah: Donny & Oswald can be funny, they're an OK team...I think the show was lacking that competitive buzz, though, with Rob & Amber gone. Everyone hated them so much, so without them, the show isn't as lively. Too bad, they were a strong team, I wish they'd hit a non-elimination leg to finish last!

Sarah said...

slow day on the blog ...

Jill said...

Seriously!