Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Random things in my brain today.


  • Last Thursday, the Ottawa Senators traded Erik Karlsson to the San Jose Sharks.  Even though I knew a trade was coming - it was inevitable, nobody was even trying to deny it - I still can't believe they let the best player to ever wear the Sens uniform go.  Especially while he's just entering his prime.  Especially for a bunch of no-names I'd never even heard of. I love my Sens, I always will, but all I can do now is pray, the same as all the other fans, that this current ownership and management be dissolved.  How can they recover from this?  How can they expect anyone to respect or get over this decision?  It's incredible.  It's frustrating.  Above all, it's heart-breaking.  I have never felt so discouraged with this team as I do now.  I look towards the upcoming season bleakly.
  • Yesterday, I grabbed some bulbs of a plant that were here in the office in a box, because my mom wanted some.  They were prickly seed pods for the brugmansia plant (angel's trumpet).  One of the prickly pods "bit" me, and my finger is so sore.  I can see the little thistle or spine or whatever you call it in my finger, but I can't seem to get it even close to the surface to pull it out.  One of those things that is so teeny-tiny, and yet all-consuming.
  • Remember last week, when I said I failed at my goal of immersing myself in Jurassic Park last weekend?  Well, I was fully successful this weekend.  I watched the original on Saturday night, and Jurassic World on Sunday night.  If my Chris Pratt obsession was bad before, it's extremely serious now.  Holy sweet baby Jesus, he was a chiseled, buff, beautiful specimen of a man in that movie.  A far cry from the goofy but lovable chubby Andy Dwyer I've come to adore in Parks & Rec.  
  • Being in love with Chris Pratt has done something to me.  Triggered the loneliness factor or something? I'm not sure.  Because suddenly, I'm desperate for a boyfriend.  Or a dog.  (Yesterday, it was a boyfriend. Today, it's a dog.)  I know that this too shall pass, but for the time being, I'm just going to keep watching him in everything I can and pray this needy feeling goes away.
  • So I'm about half-way through Season 6 of Parks and Rec.  There's only 7 seasons, so I'm on the down-swing.  What to watch next?  I'm thinking Ozark, I keep hearing good things about it.  I'm also strongly considering ordering Crave TV this winter, to watch some of the shows on there that aren't available on Netflix, like The Handmaid's Tale, Letterkenney, Big Little Lies, and I think they have Game of Thrones, too.  That might be a post-Christmas investment for me.
  • Yesterday, I felt like absolute trash all afternoon.  I couldn't stop yawning, felt totally lethargic, and wished I could just put my head down on my desk and sleep.  I have no idea why.  I got lots of rest throughout a quiet weekend, no late nights, lots of zzz's.  It was baffling to me.  When I got home, I got laundry going before crawling on to my bed, put Parks & Rec on the tablet to watch, and instantly fell asleep.  I hate doing that, but it felt absolutely necessary.  I felt miserable.  I woke up feeling groggy but a bit better and proceeded with my evening..  Today, I feel back to normal.  Whatever it was, I hope it doesn't come back again this afternoon.
  • Have I complained about my pigeons on the blog?  I can't remember.  There are a million pigeons hanging out on my roof this summer.  I have a feeling they're living in the old chimney behind the church, but then come over to my roof to party every day.  There is bird shit literally everywhere.  My back deck is covered in it.  And I have googled how to get rid of pigeons, but none of the methods sound like something I can do, because I'm not going up on that roof.  On Saturday, I tried sitting out on the deck and between the pigeons and the wasps and the ungodly heat, I did not enjoy it at all.  I'm so done with summer.
  • Oh, and a quick little BB update: Remember that post I wrote about this season, and how loyal I am to the Level 6 alliance?  Well, they pissed me off last week by voting out Brett.  Tyler and Angela are starting to annoy the hell out of me.  I guess I'm still rooting for Tyler or Kaycee to win, but there is a big part of me that's starting to hope that JC or Sam can upset the apple cart.  That bunch have gotten too big for their britches.
That's all the random from me today.  Happy Tuesday friends!

1 comment:

Rev. Nancy said...

You need to get someone to put a plastic owl on your roof, and the pigeons will leave.