Thursday, March 01, 2018

March: Currently...

Happy March 1st, friends! 

I don't know how this happens.  January creeps by like a snail, and then suddenly, BOOM - February? What February??  The month blows by SO fast, and just like that, it's March!

I'm on Day 2 of one of my nagging, annoying, dull headaches.  I thought I'd got rid of it last night, but I woke up with it again this morning.  Still, I'd like to mark the start of the new month by sharing what's up with me these days.

Here's what's going on Currently...

Listening to... Still really digging JT's new Man Of The Woods album.  Been listening to it a lot.  Other recent downloads that I'm loving are:  Meant To Be by Bebe Rexha ft. Florida Georgia Line, Alfie's Song (Not So Typical Love Song) by Bleachers, Parallel Line by Keith Urban, The Good Side by Troye Sivan, Never Be the Same by Camila Cabello.

Eating.... nothing special.  I don't know why, but lately I just seem to want sandwiches. lol  Last week, I made a bunch of egg salad, and I'm thinking this weekend of whipping up some of my Aunt Mona's famous cream cheese and chicken sandwich filling.  I can tell you what I'm not eating, and that's chips.  Craving them like crazy, but so far, staying true to my Lenten promise to give them up.  Which is too bad, because all these sandwiches sure would go good with a side of chips... *sigh*

Drinking...  I gave up chips, but maybe I should've given up Diet Pepsi.  Can't seem to get enough of it lately.  Also, a friend of mine was recently telling me she started drinking apple cider vinegar to see if it would help with her weight loss, and instead noticed she hadn't had heartburn since she started taking it.  I've been battling wicked heartburn off and on for a few months, so I decided to give it a try.  I put two teaspoons in a mug filled with hot water and add a spoonful of honey.  It isn't delicious - in fact, it's kind of awful -  but I have noticed a significant improvement in the heartburn issues.  Could also be the chips that were causing it.  Who knows.  But I'm feeling much better in that department, so I'm going to keep drinking it I guess.

Feeling... Like I said at the start, kinda feeling crappy today.  I've been headache-less for quite a while, so I guess I was due.  But other than that, I'm feeling pretty good these days.  Heart palps are still an issue, but I'm relieved to see an improvement in the heartburn, and also I think giving up chips has made me feel better overall.  I seem to have more energy, more get-up-and-go. I  think the nightly intake of grease was effecting me in ways I didn't even realize. 

Reading... Last weekend, I finished The Child Finder by Rene Denfeld and also read The Little Book of Hygge, so I have now moved on to Christine by Stephen King.  It's a long way off yet, but our book club is doing something new this year, and each member has to read and review a bestseller from their birth year.  The list for 1983 was kind of crappy, but I chose Christine, and so far, I'm really liking it.  I'm still not sure how King is going to scare the bejesus out of me with a story about a car, but I'm intrigued.  The book is gigantic and had me intimidated at first, yet the storytelling flows, the voice of the narrator really comes to life, and I'm already invested in the characters.  I should've known.  I've always like Stephen King books.

Watching... Not much this week, actually!  Old Youtube videos of Scott & Tessa (as I mentioned yesterday, the obsession is real), and whatever is on at night (it's been a good week for The Voice and Survivor to kick off).  When I'm crocheting, I like to have something on that I don't really have to focus too hard on.  House of Cards requires too much attention.  It's strange not to go home at night and dive into Netflix.  I haven't watched so much "regular TV" in a really long time. 

Wanting.... Nothing really, right now.  I want it to snow more.  It's felt like spring for 2 weeks now, and it's too soon.  And of course, I want chips, but I'm trying not to give them much thought.

Needing...  Again, not much.  That's kind of a good feeling, isn't it?  Not have any big dire needs?  I need to buy a bin to store my growing collection of yarn.  That is literally the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Missing...  The Olympics.  I've definitely been going through a post-Olympics slump.  An Olympics hangover, if you will.  I had gotten so into the routine of sitting down in the evenings and getting into whatever events were on TV.  I really do miss that.

Enjoying... The snuggles I got with Lainey this morning.  I see the baby often, but I hadn't got a good cuddle in with her in at least a week.  I mean, she's two weeks old, so I guess it's not that bad. HA!  But I enjoyed my extended time with her in my arms this morning.  Baby office visits are the best.  Oh, and crocheting.  I'm enjoying crocheting.  I'm not sure when it happened, but I have come to look forward to it and I find it very relaxing. 

Hope you're all enjoying this beautiful, sunny day!! :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Soooooooooo can't read Stephen King.

So I heard if you're dealing with heartburn, lay on your left side at night. That is also supposed to help. The right side apparently allows acid from the stomach to seep back into the esophagus while the left side keeps it in place. I dunno. I used to sleep on nothing but my stomach and right side. Now I mainly sleep on my left side... weird!

So in other news... have you ever heard of smart coffee?