- It's Soup & Sandwich day! Yum! Our church hosts a soup & sandwich lunch once a month from January to April. It's always a treat, and I love not having to pack a lunch! yay!!
- I love that I finished the book "Christine" by Stephen King over the weekend. That book was a mammoth, and I'm kind of a slow reader, so the fact that I read it in a month is kind of a miracle. I also really, really enjoyed it. Spooky enough to keep me entertained, yet not so scary that I can't sleep at night. I'm looking forward to watching the movie now, which arrived from Amazon the other day!
- After I finished "Christine", I went to my book shelf to choose my next read. I've been on a reading roll in 2018 and I wanted to keep it going. After reading something so big and dark, I decided to go light and fun, and grabbed the copy of Amy Poehler's "Yes Please" that I picked up somewhere along the line in the past year. And OMG I want to be Amy Poehler's best friend. It took me a minute to get into it - her whole intro about how hard it is to write a book kinda dragged - but since then, it's been smooth sailing. And oh, the laughs. I literally snort out loud at times. She's a funny chick. The book is making me look up her old SNL work on Youtube, and I want to watch "Sisters" again.
- I think last week I mentioned that I'd booked a mani/pedi as a treat for myself on Friday morning, but then regretted it when my weekend became ultra busy and now I had this mani/pedi appointment stuck in the way. Well, I SO take that back. It turned out to be the quiet couple of hours I needed before the mayhem began. And I LOVE my nails. Especially the shellac mani. I admire my pretty candy pink nails multiple times a day. They also make me feel like a more efficient typist, for some reason.
- Tupperware. Or, as my friend Lindsay calls it, Tuppercrack. Holy mother of pearl, I can't get enough Tuppercrack. I'm soon going to own the whole catalogue. Funnily enough, when I declared this the "Year of Saving", one of my vows was: NO MORE TUPPERWARE. While the "Year of Saving" has been a success overall, the Tupperware vow has been a big, fat FAIL. It's irresistible.
- Last Friday evening, after all my work was done, I settled down on the couch to find something to watch on Netflix and assumed I'd promptly fall asleep, as I usually do. I finally clicked on "The Shawshank Redemption" - a movie I've been wanting to watch for a million years, as I've heard so many people cite it as one of the best of all-time - and you can now count me among those people. SUCH a good movie. I didn't even fall asleep. Love, love, loved it.
- Lasagna dinner went SUPER well on Saturday night! Not only that, I managed to fit everything else in that I had on that day, and with time to spare. I was so on the ball, it wasn't even funny. But I'm so glad they came for dinner and enjoyed it. We had lots of laughs and it was a great evening!!
- Sunday morning I awoke not feeling too crash hot, with stomach pains that would double me right over. Once the tummy troubles subsided around noon, I slept and slept and slept. Couldn't keep my eyes open. So I totally forgot that the Junos were on the night. I usually make it a point of watching, and this year especially I wanted to watch because of the Barenaked Ladies reunion. I was a big BNL fan back in their heyday. Thankfully, I was able to watch it afterwards on Youtube - they did "One Week" and "If I Had $1000000", and I loved every second of it - and it prompted me to dig out my old BNL albums, and download them to my phone. I forgot just how much I love their stuff. It's been a fun trip down memory lane. "What a Good Boy" is my absolute fave.
- Our local ice cream store opened for the season last night!! Unfortunately, it was quite windy and cold, rainy and snowy last night, not exactly ice cream weather. I'm going to save it for a sunnier day, but I'm super thrilled it's back!!
- It's taken me longer that I thought it would, but I'm finally done House of Cards - or at least, what's on Netflix so far. There's another Kevin Spacey-less season to come, but for now, I'm done. I was bouncing around with what to watch next, and I've decided to catch up again on some of the shows that I've been into before, Suits and Scandal being at the top of the list. Then maybe Downton Abbey? Not sure yet.
- OH MY GOD... ROSEANNE!!! The revival started last night, and I was so loving it!! See, Roseanne was something we watched when I was a kid but I never really loved it. As an adult, I go back and watch re-runs and have a much deeper appreciation for it. I thought the first night of the re-boot was awesome. So happy it's back. I don't care much for revivals and re-boots, but this one? With all the old characters back? Even both Beckys? And one of Darlene's kids named Mark, in honour of the one character they couldn't bring back? (the actor who portrayed him passed away). It was awesome. Authentic Roseanne. The magic is still there.
- It's almost Easter!! I'm looking forward to a fun weekend - a nice mix of quiet, watching TV or movies, crocheting, reading, and then some family time with a Good Friday fish dinner and then our big Easter feast on Sunday. Woo hoo!! Sounds like a great weekend to me!! :)
Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Here's what I'm loving this Wednesday...