Happy Wednesday, friends! Here’s what I’m loving this Wednesday…
- I’m loving these magical days right here. These weeks leading up to Christmas? They are 100% absolutely my FAVOURITE time of the year. Christmas specials on TV, festive gatherings with family and friends, delicious holiday treats every which way I turn… the anticipation, the build-up, the excitement. I thrive on these magical days right here.
- The weather forecast for today and tomorrow! Let it SNOW!!!
- My freezer full of Christmas goodies. Oh, I know I”m not supposed to be treating myself too often, but it’s so hard to resist when the goodies are down there, just calling my name! This year, I haven’t even had a dud as I’ve tried out several new goodies. Well, except for the Easy Red Velvet Crinkles that I thought were a major flop, until my niece and nephew told me on Sunday they were “the best chocolate cookies in the world”. I’ll take it.
- I’m loving this video of the kids singing at the Christmas concert at St. Mary’s Church on Sunday. They did an awesome job! I love seeing them all proudly singing out, and it was so fun to see little Molly in the front row tapping her foot. Too cute! So proud of all of them :)
- Loving the movie The Family Stone. I hadn’t watched it for a few years, because I was afraid it would make me too sad. I decided to dig it back out and add it back into my holiday movie rotation this past week. And yes, I did ugly-cry through the ending. But it kind of felt good to let it all out.
- I’m soooooooooo loving that my Christmas shopping is done! Every last little bit of it! When that gets checked off the holiday to-do list, it’s like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders. There’s still plenty to do – most importantly, wrapping everything – but somehow, the Christmas stress eases up big-time once I know that everything on my list has been purchased. (We just won’t talk about the credit card bills, though, k?)
- I love just sitting in my house and looking around and enjoying it. After weeks of decorating, re-arranging, scrutinizing, and re-arranging some more, it’s fun to sit back now and just soak it all up.
- I’m loving my new TV! My sister and bro-in-law picked it up for me a few weeks ago in a Black Friday deal, but I decided to wait until after the House Tour to set it up. It’s nice to take one more step out of the Stone Age, and into this modern era I live in. ;)
- I’m loving the performances this week from The Voice. My favourite to win is Team Adam’s Matt McAndrew, but I’m also a big fan of Team Blake’s Craig Wayne Boyd, and his song choice & performance of The Old Rugged Cross on Monday night gave me goosebumps. I thought I’d share the youtube video today, fittingly as it’s my dad’s birthday and this was one of his favourites.