Wednesday, December 17, 2014

What I’m Loving Wednesday: Holiday Edition

One week from today, friends… One week from today is my FAVOURITE DAY OF THE YEAR!!!

So, what am I loving this Wednesday?  Dude, what am I NOT loving?!?  It’s CHRISTMASTIME!!!!  I LOVE EVERYTHING!!!!

  • I LOVE Toffifee.  I think I’ve already mentioned this, but they are my treat of choice thus far this holiday season.  Every evening I allow myself to have one or two of them.  I may have to buy a new box to see me through the holidays.

toffifee

  • Totally loving drinking Timothy’s Dulce de Leche K-cups in my Christmas mug while watching Christmas movies.  (or, in last night’s case, The Voice finale).  It felt extra-special last night as big, fluffy snowflakes fell outside, and I was cozied up with my quilt and my Dulce de Leche.  Mmmmmm.

KCup-Dulce-Leche-Timothys-Cover-EN

  • I’m loving the thoughts of this upcoming weekend – originally, I was kind of depressed that I had ZERO plans for the weekend before Christmas, but now I’m looking at it as a fun, hunkering-down weekend.  I have lots of gift-wrapping still to do, and a hundred movies & specials still to watch, so this weekend is going to be ALL about that!  And I can’t wait!!
  • I love that I’ve started re-connecting with my guitar.  It’s become my annual pattern.  I barely look at it all year, then in December, I start thinking about how I haven’t picked it up in forever, and how I need to toughen up my fingers before Christmas Eve.  I don’t know if it’s going to be “that” kind of Christmas Eve this year, but just in case, I’ve been getting practiced up.
  • I absolutely adore this:

tree is the light

  • I love going around in the evening and plugging in all the lights, and lighting the candles, and shutting off all the other lights, putting on a Christmas DVD, and then just sitting there in the semi-dark and enjoying it.
  • I love Elf.  A lot.
  • I love that the song stuck in my head today is “Up On the Housetop”.  It’s a severely under-rated Christmas song.

  • As I have for the past couple of years, I’m loving watching this old Max Fleischer Christmas cartoon that I remember watching when I was a kid.  It gives me the warm and fuzzies.  Thank God for Youtube.

  • And I’m loving the thoughts of cracking open the carton of Egg Nog I bought a week ago but still haven’t tried out!  Tonight’s the night!!

What are YOU loving on this fabulous pre-Christmas Wednesday?!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

There is just something magical about Christmas lights, they make even chores a little brighter,