I’m going random again guys. I’m sorry. I just don’t have anything to offer but muddled, jumbled, random thoughts!
- I feel like I’ve been a pretty crappy bloggy pal lately. I haven’t been very good to get around to visit all of you, or to reply to your comments. I hope you all still love me – I promise to try to be better in the weeks to come! I am still out here reading, I swear!!
- One of the main reasons I feel like a crappy blogger: I STILL haven’t written my tribute/farewell to Daniel Alfredsson. I know this is one of those posts that I’m going to want to have to look back on someday, and it has to be just right. The problem is… I have so much to say, and no time to say it. This might be my project for the weekend.
- Perhaps the REAL problem is I’m still not ready to say goodbye. I still can’t believe my Alfie is gone. :(
- On the flip side, our new guy, Bobby Ryan, is saying and doing all the right things. I’m excited about having this guy, and seeing what he can do. Will he be the next Alfie? Probably not, and I don’t think he expects to be. It sounds like he just wants to be here, playing hockey, and working hard. As a Sens fan, I have to say I’m looking forward to it, Bobby.
- But I’m still gonna miss Alfie.
- Oh, and I’m a little unimpressed that Bobby is going to be wearing the #6. We all know there’s only room for one #6 in my heart… Why, Bobby? WHY couldn’t you have picked a different number??? *sigh*
- I know I said it the other day, but it’s hot here, folks. REALLY hot. And I love it. I know I don’t have to work out in it, but truthfully, I wish I got to spend a little more time out in it… I hope it’s sweltering for my holidays!
- Good news: I have a deck again! This spring, my “landlords" decided to tear down the old, rotten deck and build a new one. Unfortunately, they worked on it one night over a month ago and got the framework done, but then weren’t able to come back again until this past week. Now the boards are down and I can finally step out on it again. It’s still not finished, but I’m looking forward to putting a chair out there this weekend and enjoying my morning coffee and a book out there!
- Something I MUST do some day soon: Go to the store and get a banana-flavoured popsicle. I haven’t had one yet this summer, and I’m CRAVING one!
- Have I mentioned lately how much I’m looking forward to my vacation??? Less than two weeks away now… I so can’t wait to be at the Draper Camp! It really is my piece of heaven on earth. I long to play with the kids in the water, be out paddling in the paddleboat, enjoying corn on the cob around the big kitchen table, reading in the shade on the deck… Life on the water. It’s where I’m meant to be…
That’s all I’ve got for today! Happy Thursday, friends!! :)