She’s a scorcher of a Tuesday here folks! Let’s random it up, shall we? Too hot to do anything else… ;)
- I say it’s too hot, but really, at this current moment, I’m freezing my buns off. The hotter it gets outside, the colder it gets in this office. Like a frickin’ MEAT LOCKER, I tell ya.
- I shouldn’t complain, though. Especially when I see the guys coming in from working outside in the 40-degree heat, just rolling in sweat. For them, coming in here is a treat, and many voice their jealousy over how lucky we are to be in such a cool office. I guess I’ll take it.
- This past weekend was such a great one. I loved seeing Great Big Sea on our final night of Bluesfest on Friday; spent Saturday afternoon at a mixed shower for Steph & Troy, who are expecting their first baby any day now; and Sunday afternoon was spent at the beach in Norway Bay with some of my friends and their kids. I brought Caden & Danica with me, and we all had a ball! The kids were all so cute, and it was really nice that the roped-off swimming area is pretty shallow, so it was safe to let them play in the water and on the beach without hovering over them the whole time. Got some wonderful visiting in with the ladies, picked up a nice tan, and overall enjoyed just a relaxing afternoon! My only disappointment – I forgot to take pictures!! Crap!!
- Good news on the Couch to 5 K front… I’m inching ever so close to my goal! On Saturday and again last night, I jogged 25 minutes straight. According to the app, it should be about the equivalent of 4K. (I haven’t yet downloaded an app that tracks my distance, so I’m really not sure.) Next week, I will be up to 28 minutes of straight jogging, and then the week after will be 30 straight. And then I should be able to run a 5K. Wonders never cease…
- This morning was my official weigh-in morning, and I can proudly now tell you all that I’ve broken the 60 lbs-lost mark. Actually down almost 62 lbs. now. Feels AWESOME!!!
- Looking ahead to vacation time… As I’ve mentioned before, in a few weeks’ time I’m going with my family to my Aunt & Uncle’s camp, which is one of my favourite places on earth. I admit to being a little nervous, though. It’s going to be awfully difficult to get my runs in, as well as to eat healthy while we’re there. I had initially thought I could go for my runs on the paths in the bush, but my mom insists I won’t want to do that because of poison ivy. That leaves me with swimming and paddle-boating as my only options for physical activity. I have this ridiculously silly fear that I’m going to go there for a few days and completely lose my running mojo, as well as fall off the wagon with junk food.
- I need to be mentally prepared, I guess. I want to be able to go and enjoy myself, and take a “holiday” – but still be mindful of what I’m eating, and at least try to do as much exercising as I can. This one’s going to be a big test. I really do feel as though I’ve made a “lifestyle” change this time; thus, there should be no wagon to fall of… I hope I’m right!
- Today is one of those days that makes me feel a little bit like an old lady… My buddy Cowan is 17 years old today! Was it really 17 years ago that I was helping out with a Vacation Bible Camp at our church, across the road from where his grandmother was working, and she came over to tell me we had a baby boy? Seems incredible, I remember it like it was yesterday! I just found out that Co & I have a date tonight to celebrate his big day – we’re heading to see White House Down (a little action for him, a little Channing Tatum for me…), and I’m so thrilled that he still wants to hang out with this old lady on his birthday! ;)
- As some of you may recall, I was a Gleek for a little while. OK, OK, I’m not sure I can actually call myself a “Gleek”, because I really only paid attention to the show for a year or so. But still, I was saddened to hear the news of Cory Monteith’s death this past weekend. He was such a talented dude with an amazing voice, and it’s a real shame that another young star has fallen far too soon. I thought I’d share one of my favourite performances of his from the show – the moment I actually become a Gleek, when Finn sang one of my all-time faves, "Jesse’s Girl”…
…as well as Stacy Uncorked for Random Tuesday!