Here’s a little bit of the random floating through my brain this morning…
- My Couch to 5 K app tricked me last night. I was on Week 5 Day 2. Up until this point, each day of the particular week, the routine was always the same, all three days of the week. On Monday, Day 1 of Week 5, it was 5 minutes of jogging, 3 minutes of walking, 5 minutes of jogging, 3 minutes of walking, 5 minutes of jogging. I just assumed Day 2 of Week 5 would be the same. Didn’t even check. So I turned the app on, and off I went. Pounding the pavement… pounding the pavement… pounding the pavement…
- Eventually, I started to think the app had frozen, or I’d missed the command to “Walk Now.” I had become somewhat comfortable with jogging up to five minutes over the past week, but this felt WAY longer. And I was struggling. Finally, I whipped the phone out of my pocket, and as I staggered along still in my half-jog, I realized Week 5 Day 2 was actually two 8-minute segments of jogging, separated by a five minute walk. Tricky little Couch to 5 K!!!
- And now, because I’ve looked ahead of course, I’m rather confused. Day 3 is 20 minutes straight of just jogging. They’re jumping me from two 8-minutes segments straight to a 20 minute? Are they NUTS???
- I’ll report next week. IF I survive. And that’s still a pretty big IF…
- It’s still kind of surreal to me, this jogging thing. Was it really only a few weeks ago that I thought 60-second spurts were all I could handle, and wondered if I could ever do 90 seconds? I’m up to 8 minutes now. And I’m over half-way through the program. Little by little… Maybe 20 minutes isn’t impossible. At this point, I’m starting to think anything’s possible!
- I’m less than a month away from vacation time. C’maaaan July 29th!!
- I will officially be 30 by the time my vacation starts. Which is also a little surreal to me.
- Here’s my favourite current song:
- A week or so ago, a local radio DJ that I follow on Facebook posted this video to his Timeline, claiming it to be his new favourite rump-shaker. It sparked a long and ridiculous comment thread, with people condemning the song, Robin Thicke, and even the radio DJ for condoning rape. I mean, really? Seriously?! I swear, people have too much damned time on their hands these days. It’s a catchy song. That’s fun to dance to. That’s all.
- PS – I just like the song. I don’t think rape is cool. And I don’t think Robin Thicke thinks it is, either.
- Can the Ottawa Senators pleeeease just sign Alfie and get all of this over with??? They’re causing me serious anxiety here. I mean, how can we possibly allow our beloved captain to even THINK about closing out his career in another city, for another team? Just sign him. Get it done. NOW.
- Last night, I went to watch my nephew Caden play ball. My niece Danica brought some books to entertain herself with. She asked me to read this one 3 times…
- Considering she’s 4 1/2, has been potty-trained for quite some time, and is…well… a girl… I can only assume she’s simply curious to find out if little Henry ever gets trained himself. ;)
- My supper plan for tonight: Cucumber, tomatoes, yellow & orange peppers, feta cheese, red onion, all tossed together in a light Balsamic Vinaigrette. With watermelon for dessert. I can’t wait to get home to eat supper.
- The thing I need to stop doing: Going to the Old Navy website. It gets me in trouble. Every.damn.time.
Okay… enough of the random rambling. Time to carry on with my day.
Happy 4th to my American pals!!