Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday Confessions: I’m ready for the weekend.

Okay, so when am I ever NOT ready for the weekend??

But this weekend is one that I’m reallllly looking forward to.  Not too busy, not too boring, and weather that sounds like perfection to me.

First, though?  Confessions.  It’s time.

Friday confessional high heeled love

Linking up with Aubrey @ High-Heeled Love!

I confess… that everyone around here has been loving the rainy spring/early summer we’ve had thus far, and I get that it’s REALLY good for business here at Mountainview – which is important to me, of course.  But I really wouldn’t mind if the grass growing slowed down a little bit.  Just a tad.  I’m so sick of cutting my hay field.

I confess… that several times during my nights thus far of my very first Bluesfest, I’ve found myself mentally repeating, “You are not too old for Bluesfest.  You are not too old for Bluesfest.  You are not too old for Bluesfest.”  But sometimes, I feel like I am.  When the teeny-bopper chicks are tossing their hair in my face, and the boys are taking off their shirts and whipping them in the air in front of me and I keep getting whipped in the face, or even when people are trying to get by and spill their beer and knock me off balance… I feel like I might be too old for Bluesfest.

I confess… it might not have anything to do with age.  It probably has more to do with my lack of patience.  Oh, and my sobriety.  That, too.

Jill & Linds Bluesfest 2013 2

I confess… that tonight is our last night at Bluesfest, and while I’m sad to see the fun come to an end, I’m also kind of looking forward to relaxing and staying in this Saturday & Sunday evening!  I’m thinking movie rentals, maybe some popcorn, and couch-lounging…  I don’t remember the last time I did that!

I confess… that I kind of can’t believe it when I think of all the awesome shows we’ve seen in the past week and a half – Zac Brown Band, The Dixie Chicks, Hunter Hayes, The Tragically Hip, and of COURSE, Wu-Tang Clan (hardy-har-har) – plus we’ve got Great Big Sea on deck for tonight.  It’s kind of surreal!!

Ottawa-Bluesfest_mini

I confess… that I can’t think of a better way of spending a hot Sunday afternoon than with my friends and their kids at the beach.  And that’s exactly what I will be doing this Sunday!  Can’t wait for the sand, the sun, the water, and the visiting!

I confess… that it just dawned on me that it was a week ago around this time that I got word that Alfie was officially leaving the Sens.  I felt like puking then, and I still feel like puking now.  I miss him already. :(

daniel-alfredsson-what-to-watch-for

I confess… that I always tell people not to wish time away, but I’m kind of doing it myself right now.  I’m still two whole weeks away from vacation time, and while I don’t want them to speed by - especially since those two weeks will be my last spent in my twenties! – I’m sooooo looking forward to getting away to the Draper Camp & relaxing for a whole week!  Can’t get here soon enough.

Draper Camp

I confess… that I’m a little ashamed of myself for not yet blogging about HOW FREAKIN’ EXCITED I AM that Dallas Smith is playing Saturday night of Shawville Fair!!  squeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

dallas_smith

I confess… that if I could go back in time, I probably wouldn’t have bought Justin Bieber tickets for his upcoming concert on July 23 in Ottawa.  The kid is falling from grace – falling fast – and I’m a little worried he’s either going to show up super-late, or not show up at all.  I really wish Justin had read that letter I wrote to him so long ago…

Justin_Bieber-Mistletoe-music_video

I confess… that I’m already a little nervous about jogging 25 minutes tomorrow morning.  That’s what Couch to 5 K Week 6 Day 3 has in store for me.  I KNOW I can do it, but each time the jogging interval increases, I worry that I won’t survive…

I confess… that I hope prayers are enough to get people through hard times, as it’s been a tough week for several friends (both blog pals and real-life friends) – and I’ve been holding them and their families in my heart.  Hopefully better days ahead…

Wishing you all a wonderful Friday & an even better weekend!! :)

8 comments:

Jolene said...

You are young still sweetie! Your pictures of the music festival and the lake are beautiful. Enjoy your weekend!

Nancy said...

I don't know what to say, it has been a catastrophic week for many, lots of prayers abound. I am looking forward to getting Sancia back from camp, and maybe sitting around the back yard a bit. I need to weed my garden. Definitely, relaxing is high on the list.

VandyJ said...

We have friends coming to town, other friends to visit, house stuff and brewing (that's mostly Nick) to do. Busy, but not too busy, I'm hoping anyway.

Ducky said...

Holy concert runs woman! Sounds amazing!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Wow, what a fantastic festival! Great acts performing....I haven't been to a fest in about four years...I think the last one was the Vann's Warped Tour in Atlanta!

There is something in the air, because I have several friends (Blog friends and Friends I've met) who are really going through some challenges right now, too.

Prayer does help for sure!

I hope you have a restful and peaceful weekend!

xo,
RJ

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having TONS of fun and you're never too old for fun! And I'm praying that you have TONS more! And yes. Prayers do work and everyone I know has been sending out lots and receiving their fair share too. We all need prayers and I'm praying for you my bloggee pal! :D

The Lovely One said...

Don't think for a second that you're too old for bluesfest! And I'm counting the seconds until vacation myself--- only 5 days left!

Happy early birthday! As someone is turning 40 this year, I can tell you that life gets better in your 30's! :)

Nicole said...

Hopefully you had a fabulous weekend! You look great by the way. Yeah I've heard weird things about JB in NYC with his friends. Sad times.