Wednesday, March 11, 2020

What's Up This Wednesday


  • So, we live in a coronavirus world now.  And they keep talking about the possibility of there being a complete shut-down quarantine type situation eventually, like where you'd have to stay home and not go anywhere for 2 weeks.  Am I the only one who thinks that sounds lovely???  I'm sure by the end of it I'd be going batshit crazy, but 2 weeks of staying home, watching TV and movies, hunkered down, in my bubble?  Sounds delicious to me.
  • The only part of it that kind of sucks is the timing.  It would have been much easier to do during cold, snowy months, not now when the days are longer and the sun is shining more and spring fever is hitting.  Now is when we want to get outside, not lock ourselves up.  But I'm willing to do it for coronavirus.
  • I mourn the end of winter.  I really do.  I long for those cold winter days of staying cozy, wrapped up in blankets and warm clothes, huddled on the couch to watch Netflix or read or crochet.  Now that they are ending, I feel sad to see them go.  BUT.  I also went for a walk on Monday without a coat on, and that cheered me up.  It was so lovely.
  • They say you should be able to sing Happy Birthday twice while you wash your hands.  This has made me realize that I have not being doing it properly, as I struggled at first to get through it once during a hand wash.  I am getting better at it, though.  I am dragging it out longer and getting through it twice.  Maybe I just sing Happy Birthday too slow?  I'm not sure.
  • I bought toilet paper at the grocery store on Monday, and I felt like I should go around  shouting, "I actually do really need this!  I'm almost out!"  It's such an odd situation we are in right now, when you feel like people might be giving you side-eye for buying toilet paper.  And why in God's name are people stocking up on it anyways??  Of all the things to stock up on... toilet paper???  Really???
  • Well, it makes me sad to say it, but I think my Peter Kavinsky phase has passed.  At least until the third movie comes out.  I have watched the first two movies on Netflix too many times, and I am also now finished all of the books.  It was hard to let it go, but it was time. My family was starting to worry about me.
  • So this past weekend, I said I was devoting to watching Netflix, but the little people in my life had different plans.  My sister asked if she could leave Caden with me Friday afternoon while the girls went to get their hair done.  He had no suggestions of things he wanted to watch, so we searched Disney + for teenage-boy-appropriate movies.  We ended up watching Guardians of the Galaxy (which I saw in theatre on a date, but I barely remembered it because I was so in my head that night), and part of the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie (I have never seen the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and neither had he).  Then on Saturday, my brother offered to wash my car for me, so I told him the kids could come hang out with me for the day.  When Noah is at my house, he insists on watching ONLY Toy Story movies.  We watched Toy Story 3 and 1, in that order. LOL
  • For those who are concerned I'm turning my nieces and nephews into couch potatoes, I should clarify that both days, I also made them come walking with me.  Caden and I went on a big stroll around town Friday afternoon so I could get my 10,000 steps for the day, and I took Neve and Noah on a walk to the treat store on Saturday after lunch.  So... we did move around, I promise.
  • Despite not getting as much Netflix time as I anticipated, I did still blow through The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez, and the first season of Schitt's Creek.  The first was very difficult to watch, heart-breaking really.  The second?  My gosh, I don't know why it took me so long to watch this show.  I absolutely love it.  I literally laugh out loud while watching it, multiple times an episode.  HIGHLY recommend.
  • The time change on Saturday night made me realize I'm really just a gigantic child.  Everyone always says time changes mess with kids, but dudes... it messes with me, too.  I was in such a foul mood on Sunday, and for no good reason.  I got lots of sleep on Saturday night, and I slept in on Sunday morning.  NO reason to be out of sorts.  But man, was I out of sorts.  Thankfully I was feeling back to normal on Monday.
  • This coming Saturday is our Irish Tea at church, and I'm looking forward to it.  Friday I'll be prepping my food, and for the first time, I'm making salmon sandwiches.  We needed one more loaf, and I volunteered.  I hate salmon sandwiches.  LOATHE them.  I'm not sure how this is going to go. Should be interesting!!
  • We have been selling tickets on our Basket O' Irish Fun, a big basket just brimming with all things "green".  It already looks amazing, and I know there are more items still to come.  Whoever wins this baby is going to be one lucky duck!!  
Well, I think that's it for me today!!  Hope you are all having a great week.  Wash your hands!!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

i seriously wouldn't even know how to make salmon sandwiches...don't you have to like remove bones? what if i left a bone in and someone choked....oh boy - worse than coronavirus