Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Randoms from this week so far


  • Last weekend, I tweaked my lower back while moving deck furniture into the garage for the winter.  Not bad enough to put me out of commission, but it's been nagging all week.  Yesterday felt almost back to normal, but today, it's twinging again.  ugh.
  • I've been doing a lot of lying on the floor stretching to try and help it out, and it has reminded me that I miss doing Yoga.  I haven't done a regular Yoga practice in a long time.  It might be time to re-visit that.
  • I have been crocheting pumpkins.  My pumpkin patch is growing.  I gave one to my mom, but the rest are collecting on my coffee table.  They have been so fun and satisfying to make.  I have other things I COULD be making... but I'm stuck on pumpkins.  Might as well go with it.
  • And my favourite thing to watch while crocheting pumpkins?  Outlander.  Season 4 hit Netflix last weekend, and I am SO enjoying it.  I found Season 3 was kind of crazy, but Season 4 has settled back into a normal storyline, and I'm loving me my Jamie time.  Yum.
  • Besides Jamie, I have another crush on the go right now.  I have kind of fallen in love with Brady Jones on the radio. LOL!  He's the producer for the Morning Hot Tub that I listen to each morning on Hot 89.9, but he's often on the air with them, and recently he got some fun press for going down to storm Area 51.  Then last week, they sent him to the Wiggles concert in Ottawa, and the clips he posted of him with the little kids that joined him kind of melted me.  On top of it all, when they discuss things and take sides or positions on things, I almost ALWAYS agree with Brady.  He and I just seem to click. They are always ragging on him for being single, but I just know this guy isn't going to stay single for long.  If only he was 10 years older... *sigh*.
  • I am so totally enjoying my hunkering and hibernating phase these days.  I have been cooking and baking a lot in the evenings (tonight is cauliflower soup!) - then settling in to watch Outlander and crochet pumpkins.  I have been settling into my cozy, comfy phase and just loving it.
  • It's also the time of year when I am scrambling around trying to organize the Christmas House Tour.  Confession: I almost cancelled it this year.  I was exhausted at the thought of having to message 8 million people begging them to be on the tour, and hearing "no, no, no".  We had one person approach us which was a good start, but then I hit a rut.  I did the first round of messages, to the people who told me last year they would do it this year, and they all declined again. I put a public post on Facebook asking for volunteers, and got lots of shares but no responses.  I was ready to give up.  But yesterday morning, I felt this nudge; like a feeling that I just had to give more of a shot.  So I messaged a whole bunch more people, and I actually got another yes.  Then I got a message last night from another yes, along with a message that there's a potential.  So... in less than 24 hours, it went from being almost cancelled to pretty sure it's on.  I'm amazed.
  • Something I have NOT really got into yet?  The scary stuff.  I made lists, and I bought DVD's, and I thought a lot about it, but so far, actually watching any of it has not turned me on.  
  • I am so very much looking forward to Thanksgiving this weekend.  We are having our family meal on Saturday, and then I think we're going to my nephew's hockey game on Sunday after church.  Monday I'll dig out the Halloween decorations and maybe finally get around to watching some of the spooky stuff!  Bring it on!!

No comments: