Work is still super hectic - yesterday I felt like my head might explode I was being torn in so many different directions - but going to try to take a few minutes and bang out this post! I miss blogging!!
I saw this writing prompt on another blog, and decided it would be a quick one to play along with, with a summer vibe. Here we go!
1. Walk or Bike Ride? Lately? Neither. LOL I am such a sloth. But I'm a walker when I am motivated. Bikes always hurt my butt. I don't even have one. Walking is by far my favourite form of exercise.
2. Favourite Picnic Food? I can't say I picnic very often, but it makes me think of an array of sandwiches, fresh fruit, potato chips, stuff like that. For our Sunday School picnic, I usually make some sort of salad or snack food, like a nacho dip.
3. Pool or Lake? I'm a water girl. I'm happy no matter what form I'm water I'm closest to. That said, for swimming, I prefer the clear blue of a pool that I can see the bottom of. lol I can spook myself thinking of the "things" that go unseen in the depths of lakes and rivers. But I sure as heck wouldn't turn down a day at the lake, trust me!
4. Favourite flavour of ice cream? I'm a plain ol' vanilla kind of kid. Especially with soft ice cream, just a nice vanilla cone, or a chocolate dip... mmmmm... If I'm picking from hard ice cream flavours, I'm drawn to mint chocolate chip, chocolate chip cookie dough, anything like that. I now I'm DYING for ice cream!!!
5. Ice cream cone or in a dish? Depends. If I have the freedom and the time, cone. If I'm driving or doing something else at the same time, gotta go with dish.
6. Flip flops or slides? Flipper floppers, always!!
7. Jean shorts or jean capris? Sigh. I have reached an age (and a size) where I'm uncomfortable showing off my tree trunk legs. I usually opt for capris, unless I'm going to be alone on my deck and not worried about anyone seeing my legs.
8. Favourite summer fruit? Ooooh gotta go watermelon on this one. Especially a nice sweet seedless one. Just tastes like summer!
9. Corn on the cob or off the cob? ON the cob, with lots of butter, salt & pepper. One of my favourite summer treats, can't wait for fresh corn on the cob!!
10. Favourite summertime song? This is like, IMPOSSIBLE. But because I've been in a Beach Boys mood lately, I'll go with one of them... "Wouldn't It Be Nice" or "Rock 'n Roll Music" or "Surfin Safari"...any of them really!
11. Favourite summertime activity? Anything the involves being on the water! At a friend's pool, at my Aunt Marion's beach, at the camp, out on Kerry & Jeff's pontoon... anywhere where there's water, I'm in my happy place.
12. Favourite berry? Strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, or blackberry? Strawberries = summer to me, but the berry I love most is blueberries. (Raspberries are the fruit of the devil, I loathe them!!!)
13. Bikinis, tankinis, or one piece? Most of my bathing suits are two-piece, I guess you'd call them tankinis, but I'm completely covered. Ain't nobody wanna see this belly.
14. Dresses or skirts? Hard to choose! I have a few of both. I guess I'll go with dresses though, I think I have more dresses. Maxi dresses and sun dresses.
15. One word to describe Summer? Carefree!! Or at least, that's the way I like it to be!!