- On Saturday, June 16th, my cousin Brandon married his sweetheart Meghan, and we had SUCH a good time at their wedding reception! The barn setting was beautiful, the band was awesome, and I don't remember the last time I danced that much. Such a fun evening!!
- The next morning, I was up bright and early to get ready for our church's Sunday School picnic, which was held at my friends Lindsay & Ryan's. A casual service was held in the shelter of the garage, followed by a potluck lunch and fun in the pool. Nothing I love more than a day at the pool!
- Last Wednesday evening, something VERY exciting happened to me. Like, I was ridiculously excited. Wednesday evening is 3-pitch night, and I'm playing this year for the Lollygaggers, a group of great friends of mine. We are just out to have fun and get some exercise, and I think any one of us would admit without hesitation that we aren't very good at playing ball. I especially struggle with it. Having grown up in a sports-oriented family, I have watched a LOT of ball in my lifetime, and I KNOW in my head what to do, but I can never seem to be able to execute. I am also very competitive, but don't have the athletic chops to back it up. This means most games are filled with frustration for me. Anyways, last Wednesday we were playing against a team with a few of my friends on it, including my friend Lindsay's husband Ryan and my friend Sharon's husband, Wayne. And they were kickin' our butts. I was trying to do some trash-talking, but it wasn't going well for us at all. Anyways, late in the game, I'm out in my rover position, basically praying balls aren't hit to me because I never even come close to catching them, when Wayne came up to bat. And the ol' Hobberknocker drove one right to me. Like, literally. I didn't even have to move. I just stuck out my glove and heard the "smack". I caught the ball. I friggin' CAUGHT. THE. BALL. And I celebrated as if we had won the World Series. It was probably a little excessive, but I have never - and I do mean never - had such a rewarding sports moment in.my.life. So, we lost the game and I have no idea what the score was but it was probably like 22-0 or something like that, but you could not wipe the smile off my face. Every now and then the sun shines on a dog's rear-end! ;)
- Following up on that big night, the next evening I completed my art project with Shannon that we've been working on for 9 weeks! So rewarding and thrilling to be finished! It was supposed to be an 8-week course, but we had to add an extra week to finish it. We started out with a black-and-white photo that Shannon had taken and then painted the picture in black and white. It was just oozing with detail and it seemed very daunting at the beginning, but it was amazing how quickly it all came together, and it was neat to see the little tricks she taught us along the way. I love my final result!
- This past weekend was a fun one to kick off the summer. On Friday evening, we gathered at my sister's place to celebrate my niece's 6th birthday. We had a BBQ and cake and presents, and just some great family time. We also were celebrating the end of the school year, as Friday was the kids' last day of school! My nephew graduated from Grade 6 and received the Citizenship Award and Male Athlete of the Year. We are so proud of him!
- Saturday was overcast and kind of dreary, but I was up and off to Shawville to get groceries early in the day. I spent the afternoon relaxing and napping before getting up and getting ready for my friend Stacy's bachelorette party. We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Milestone's downtown, then went on a Rideau Canal boat cruise. We had lots of laughs and it was a great evening!
- On Sunday, I went to church and had brunch with my mom and brother, then just went home to do some stuff around the house. I made homemade bagels and pinwheels for lunches this week, then vegged the rest of the day. I read out on the deck, I did some crocheting, and watched Downton Abbey (almost done!) - then in the evening I settled in to watch the movie The Shallows. It kept me jumping, and it was a perfect summery scary movie!
- Last night, I was just sitting out on the deck reading when I got a text from my friend Josee to say she was going to be at the ball field if I wanted to come down and meet her new baby girl, Gracynn. So I quickly grabbed a bite to eat and then headed to down to meet the new babe! I was excited to give her the blanket I had crocheted for her - it's the first one I've actually given to anyone! Jo said she loved it, and I was so glad I finally got to give it to her. It was made with lots of love! :)
- This coming weekend is going to be a scorcher, and I am spending the rest of this week preparing for it, as we have lots going on. I have family coming on Saturday to celebrate Canada Day Quyon-style, so I have to get my grass cut, my house cleaned, and groceries done. Then on Sunday we'll be going to my aunt & uncle's to celebrate Canada Day on the beach, and I can't wait! Canada Day festivities are the best, bring it on!!! :)
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Random Tuesday: Summer Fun
Summer officially hit last week, and it's already brought so much fun! The past week and a half has just been jam-packed with good days and happy moments. Here's some of the random highlights thus far: