Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Tuesday Randoms: Christmas in the air...

Hey folks!

Well, I have to admit, I'm feeling a little on the cruddy side today.  I developed a cough about a week ago, and it seems to be at its worst today.  Weirdest "illness" I think I've ever had.  No sore throat, no other cold symptoms, just a deep cough that seems to come from the very bottom of my lungs. ugh.  Last night was the first time it has kept me up at night.  I couldn't stop coughing, and Halls were doing nothing to help because it isn't coming from my throat, it's from deeper in my chest.  So I'm feeling a little rough today because of it.

But I have NO TIME to have the Black Lung right now!  I'm carrying on as if it does not exist!  As I mentioned last week, the Christmassing began on the weekend and the next few weeks are jam-packed with festivities!!  IT'S MY FAVOURITE TIME OF YEAR!!!!

So, yes, I survived the first really Christmassy weekend of the year.  Friday evening I did a quick shopping trip to the city, and as it turns out, it wasn't as crazy as I expected for Black Friday.  I swear, the Friday before was worse.  It was fast and productive.

Saturday morning, I got up early (earlier than I normally would on a Saturday) so that I could get a good start on my Christmas baking.  I opted out of going to the Pine Lodge Christmas Market so that I could give my cookies 100% of my attention.  I got about 10 dozen cookies made total, several different varieties, and felt very accomplished.  My heart is SO happy when I'm baking Christmas cookies and listening to Christmas music!  It was my kind of heaven.

I had done as much as I could with the time I had by mid-afternoon, and decided instead of starting into another batch that a nap was a better idea.  I needed to be rested, because our company Christmas party was that evening.  I got a nice snooze in, and it was much-needed.

The party was AWESOME!  I can't remember the last time I drank and danced like that.  Seriously.  The meal was delicious, the company was wonderful, and the band literally had me dancing all.night.long.  It kind of went exactly as I hoped - I had fun, I let loose, but I didn't go completely bonkers.  I drank lots of water in between the rum & cokes and the jagerbombs, so I woke up the next morning feeling not half bad.  My biggest fear was getting sick, and I avoided that, so... WIN!  Most fun I've had in a long time.




Thanks to all the water I drank, I was able to get up the next morning and at least act like a human being, which was good because I had another full day planned!  First up was a very exciting, bustling church service, as we were celebrating the first Sunday of Advent, a baptism, AND communion - and I had been asked to serve communion, so, like I said...I had to act like a human being. lol  I made it through that and breakfast, and then we were on our way to the city with the Sunday School to see the movie "The Star".  It was super-cute, and it was such a fun bunch, but Jill was slowly going downhill at that point... Danica was being a Susie Seat Kicker behind me and driving me nuts, and at one point I even almost fell asleep.  I hung in there, though, and I was so glad I went.  It was just the perfect movie to put me in the Christmas spirit!

We went back to my sister's place, and Chris had picked up pizza, so we had a quick bite to eat, but it was starting to snow so we headed for home pretty soon after.  I got home and didn't even bother watching the Grey Cup - straight up to bed, where I put a movie on and promptly fell asleep.  I don't even think it was 8 PM.  This kid is soooo not used to rebounding from a night of partying anymore, that's for sure!

I still felt a little hungover yesterday, but I pushed through the day, and even went home and made more cookies after work.  I can be a trooper when I want to be lol.  Now today I feel even worse, but it's just because of this cough and the bad night's sleep.  I'm just going to keep pretending it's not an issue, though, because there's another full weekend ahead of fun stuff... no time to be under the weather!!

No comments: